• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF TEs have 9 catches...in 4 games!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

This was supposed to be a run heavy, TE catching offense by Taggart.  We have 2 talented pass catching TEs, but both are on pace to have their worst years yet.

I realize that some of this is due to OL struggles, and much due to QB issues.  But the TE pass is one of the simpler things to set up, takes pressure off the run game and gets the safeties to cheap in & get sucked in on the pump fakes on shorter routs, leaving Bronson or Adams to go deep.

After 4 games, since I'm lamenting, we only have one receiver over 85 yards FOR THE SEASON.  Even Bronson, with a 75 yard bomb TD, only has 80 yards for the season (all in the NC State game).

We have to develop our short pass game to help the run game, and to get some speed in space.  Let's hope the OL helps this weekend, and our coaching staff has a plan to exploit Wiscy's biggest weakness:  the secondary.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

I'm just going to point out that Mike and Sean dropped like 500 balls last Friday. 

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

We have 40 completions all year so the TEs have 22.5% of all receptions.

The backs have 9 also.

Meaning the receivers have 55% of the receptions.

The percentages are not bad. However, it's putrid when averaging 10 completions a game.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I agree we should get the TEs more involved. And also that when we do they need to catch the freaking ball.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

I'm just going to point out that Mike and Sean dropped like 500 balls last Friday.

And before last Friday there were some key drops. I think he is trying to get the ball to them but you know... Stone hands.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

How many targets?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Jup,

Lots of dropped balls by TEs. They've been open and had their opportunities. The game vs UConn was run focused based on weather.

Yeah, lots of drops in the rain.  My point is not so much targets as much as plays to optimize talent.  Mac has been good, but with a few drops.  Price seems to show a great atttude and tries to block his best...but is looking to have his lowest production yet.  He was a kid I was excited about getting, but just hasn't materialized.

Game time in 20...not nervous at all, for a change.  That's the lone upside of being a 34 pt dog.