• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Heads up: Weekly Press Conference (Video)

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

The video:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

the quote  about Flowers was hilarious as well. paraphrase here " when he is out there you have to defend 11 NOT 10 players"   so basically  White nor Bench are anything to worry about yet we feel the need to stick with White as the starting QB.

That's silly. All it means is Flowers is a dual threat and must be defended coming out of the backfield with the ball. The statement would be accurate for Peyton Manning, and I don't think sane person would start Terrelle Pryor over him.

It's trying times like these that make people not see things as rationally as they normally would and want to pick apart each and every statement that comes out ...

It's funny you would call these "trying times".  Sounds like you think Tags is trying something.  And not pick that a part, but the statement did come out and hence people act normally, aka suggest another QB - Bench.  Gaaah.

I'm hoping Tags is trying something ... and normally people who follow football know that that statement is pretty common about true dual threat qb's, which apparently Flowers is and the other 2 or 3 aren't ... but these anxious(?) times have people off their game.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

the quote about Flowers was hilarious as well. paraphrase here " when he is out there you have to defend 11 NOT 10 players" so basically White nor Bench are anything to worry about yet we feel the need to stick with White as the starting QB.

That's silly. All it means is Flowers is a dual threat and must be defended coming out of the backfield with the ball. The statement would be accurate for Peyton Manning, and I don't think sane person would start Terrelle Pryor over him.

It's trying times like these that make people not see things as rationally as they normally would and want to pick apart each and every statement that comes out ...

It's funny you would call these "trying times". Sounds like you think Tags is trying something. And not pick that a part, but the statement did come out and hence people act normally, aka suggest another QB - Bench. Gaaah.

I'm hoping Tags is trying something ... and normally people who follow football know that that statement is pretty common about true dual threat qb's, which apparently Flowers is and the other 2 or 3 aren't ... but these anxious(?) times have people off their game.
Sorry Trip, I had just left work and was in smart ass mode and was trying to be funny by, in trying times like these, not seeing things as rationally as I might normally and pick apart each and every statement you made...

:)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

the quote about Flowers was hilarious as well. paraphrase here " when he is out there you have to defend 11 NOT 10 players" so basically White nor Bench are anything to worry about yet we feel the need to stick with White as the starting QB.

It's funny you would call these "trying times". Sounds like you think Tags is trying something. And not pick that a part, but the statement did come out and hence people act normally, aka suggest another QB - Bench. Gaaah.
I'm hoping Tags is trying something ... and normally people who follow football know that that statement is pretty common about true dual threat qb's, which apparently Flowers is and the other 2 or 3 aren't ... but these anxious(?) times have people off their game.
Sorry Trip, I had just left work and was in smart ass mode and was trying to be funny by, in trying times like these, not seeing things as rationally as i might normally and pick apart each and every statement you made...

:)

The "Gaaah" at the end did indicate something was off... I guess we need someone to pick apart your statement to keep this chain going and if we could somehow get CWT to do that, it would have come full circle. ;)