• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Blaming in college athletics

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Read a book, learn something.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

You and Riz should start a book club. He harps about 1 book all the time. I "forgot" the title, "man"   :drummer:

You and Riz should start a book club. He harps about 1 book all the time. I "forgot" the title, "man"   :drummer:

I'm putting videos in for those that like pop up books.

http://youtu.be/t8Z1R-CKX-0

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Colleges in other countries do t have their student athletes suing them because their school is making millions off them.

There, now we are getting to the issue.

Yes, in the U.S. College sports has become a billion dollar industry, amateur in name only. It's treated as an amateur sport just to not pay the players, no other country does it. They have students that go to school to learn. You don't have to go to college to go to a pro sport like you do in the U.S. Something like 3 players in the past decade made it to the NFL and NBA in the past decade due to the rules they have, the NCAA forced these athletes to attend college to have a chance at pro sports, making huge sums off them as students . It's why there are academic scandals, they don't want school, they want the NFL but they have to attend to get a shot,,catch 22.

Here is where your argument complely falls apart.  The NCAA isn't forcing anyone to attend college to have a chance at pro sports.  College baseball players attend college if they choose to.  The most highly regarded generally go straight to the pros.  It is the NFL and NBA you should be mad at.  Rather than take on the expense of farm systems the way MLB baseball has, and the way soccer is run the world over, the NBA and NFL have puposely avoided any semblance of minor league until very recently.  Even then, the NBDL does not go out and sign the best basketball players, they sign the leftovers. 

The problem isn't the NCAA.  The problem is that the NFL and NBA have chosen to let colleges develop their players because it is cheaper.  The rest of the world doesn't have these issues because great soccer players are signed to professional teams as teenagers and brought up to be professionals.

I might suggest reading a book, but that might be considered rude.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

I prefer books. Got one?

Colleges in other countries do t have their student athletes suing them because their school is making millions off them.

There, now we are getting to the issue.
Yes, in the U.S. College sports has become a billion dollar industry, amateur in name only. It's treated as an amateur sport just to not pay the players, no other country does it. They have students that go to school to learn. You don't have to go to college to go to a pro sport like you do in the U.S. Something like 3 players in the past decade made it to the NFL and NBA in the past decade due to the rules they have, the NCAA forced these athletes to attend college to have a chance at pro sports, making huge sums off them as students . It's why there are academic scandals, they don't want school, they want the NFL but they have to attend to get a shot,,catch 22.

Here is where your argument complely falls apart. The NCAA isn't forcing anyone to attend college to have a chance at pro sports. College baseball players attend college if they choose to. The most highly regarded generally go straight to the pros. It is the NFL and NBA you should be mad at. Rather than take on the expense of farm systems the way MLB baseball has, and the way soccer is run the world over, the NBA and NFL have puposely avoided any semblance of minor league until very recently. Even then, the NBDL does not go out and sign the best basketball players, they sign the leftovers.

The problem isn't the NCAA. The problem is that the NFL and NBA have chosen to let colleges develop their players because it is cheaper. The rest of the world doesn't have these issues because great soccer players are signed to professional teams as teenagers and brought up to be professionals.

I might suggest reading a book, but that might be considered rude.

It's not my argument, it's a fact. And you don't see the NFL and NCAA doing any cooperation? Obviously the rule is beneficial to both. And it's a small part of the entire issue because most aren't going to the NFL, they think they can, but in reality they will most likely end up with a useless degree the way it's set up now with football related activities now taking up more time for student athletes than academics for the first time ever.

Read the book, they put it together better than I do.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I always thought basketball should follow the baseball rules for drafting.  If I were extremely wealthy, I'd start a national junior football league for players 18-24

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

If most can't go to the NFL they can go to college and get a degree, assuming they can read. Why would you want to deny that?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I'm putting videos in for those that like pop up books.

Like dis?

51NWDQ32XHL.jpg