• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Article: College Football's Best Coaches Under 40 For 2014

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I'm crying laughing at that video

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Hem... I want to win as much as anyone else. It'll make my Saturdays during the Fall a little more meaningful. If Taggart can make it happen, I'm all for him and the program. However, what I've seen so far on the field resembles anything but that and I won't support someone that is sucking millions from USF. I think seeing the ghetto video USF posted a couple weeks back made me wonder what the f*ck is going on in Tampa. I grew up in the ghetto - the last thing I want to do is take a trip back down memory lane when the entire reason some of us attend a university is to get away from places that people wallow away in. Either he rights the ship NOW or he can walk the plank in my opinion. Talent or no talent, you don't get pounded by schools such as McCheeseburger State at our level. Even Skip didn't lose those games. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

They obviously just looked at a list of coaches under 40 vice looking at the body of work. Taggart was terrible last season in scheming. Fortunately, the defense saved his inept offense time after time. These lists make me want to vomit. DO SOMETHING meaningful and then tell me we have an up and coming coach. I don't see it and see him on a three year plan out the door.  

How could a person successfully scheme with that collection of talent. . . . . especially at QB.

Jimmy Johnson went 1-15 with the 89 cowboys (his first year BTW). . . . . . . guess he was a terrible schemer and surely got fired.  But wait, he won the superbowl in 92 and 93. . . . . . SO HE'S A GOOD SCHEMER!!!!!!  Or maybe it was the fact he traded herschel walker, got a boatload of pick and constructed a dominant roster. 

I'm curious, what kind of "scheme" could Chip Kelly have devised with last years team. . . . . . I think you would have called him terrible too.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Chip Kelly could win with a 4th string QB - that is scheming. We couldn't win with a 1st string QB. I get that our QB play was terrible - however, do you sink a company because you have some weak links? No, you find a way to work with your core strengths and make the most of the weak links. You limit their liability. Jimmy Johnson had National Championships to his credit when he went to Dallas (I'm a Cowboys fans and still recall the win over the Redskins when they went 1-15). It's apples and oranges bro. We have a coach with a seven win season in the Sun Belt. How some of you can't see that his coaching acumen is seriously lacking blows my mind. It's like we got Ron Zook Jr. on our sidelines. Big time recruiter - but flawed on the field when it comes to on the spot decision making. We'll see what happens - and BULLIEVE me, I want to win. I just hope that Coach Taggart really has the fundamental knowledge necessary to sit and watch hour after hour of game film this past winter and summer and not replicate the poor decision making we viewed this past season. If he can learn from his mistakes, we could really be a good football team with the talent on paper that he's recruited. However, many great recruiters have had similar flaws on game day. I'm not asking for an undefeated season (although I always hope for the best). I just want to see .500 football. Is that asking for too much?

Edited by The_Sheriff
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

Sheriff, I hear where you're coming from(IMO Mike White was a better prospect than O'Korn in HS but UH had JO prepared and he stepped up/Think MW will show his pedigree this season though)and think you make some valid points(Although our D was top 25 last year and the only reason we ever won games as well as kept most from being blowouts).

I just think at this point we need to try and take any positives(B-ball recruiting like we've never seen before/best Football class signed since 2009) we can toward our future since at this point I think we're all in(hope we have a decent hand and poker face/strong AD)! B/c, If we don't remain relevant we might as well revert back to trying to be the "Harvard of the South".. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Sheriff I know you want to win. We all do. Taggart's schemes do work. They work at Stanford and they work in the NFL. Does he have the players that fit that scheme? Let's hope he does now so we can see some improvement. I'll also remind you that we weren't the only d1 team to lose to a lower division school last year. Crappy things happen, especially when a new coach takes over for his first year. I'd be happy with a .500 season as well, let's hope we get that.

You've brought up "ghetto", "rap music", and black coach more than once, do you have a problem with a black coach who's trying to be relevant to the kids?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

And there it is. Only took 2 pages this time.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

And there it is. Only took 2 pages this time.

I believe it's a question worth asking, wouldn't you agree?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Well, either you take him at his word and his belief a college football coach should be trying to help kids get out of the ghetto rather than promote it or you think he's a racist.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I don't think you want to go down this road with Terry.

He may be classist, LOL, but he's definitely not racist.

:2cents: