• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

F Kamari Murphy, Oklahoma State transfer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Canty recanted? What does that mean for Murphy. Being out both would sting

Murphy says he knows nothing about Canty to Auburn. Told Rivals we were in "good shape"

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

June 3, 2014

Visit Solidifies Bulls Standing With Murphy

Russ Wood
RunningtheBulls.com Staff Writer

Talk about it in The Bullpen

Oklahoma State transfer Kamari Murphy and his father have had plenty of time to get to know the South Florida coaches. But Sunday they began an official visit to see what they've been telling them about USF up close.

"The visit went really good," Murphy said via text message. "I loved everything from campus to coaching staff and new facilities. I believe that program will make a huge turn around quick."

1521931.jpg

spacer1.gif

Jeremy Cook spacer1.gifMurphy enjoyed his visit to USF.

Murphy also said that his father enjoyed the visit.

"He knew the coaches before they became coaches so it was a real bond," he said. "Campus is way big and [the] academic people are cool. They are building a [study hall] system for the student athletes."

The visit to Tampa was the first of two official visits that the 6-foot-8, 220-pound forward will take before deciding where he'll take his talents. Murphy is scheduled to visit Miami on June 8th and said a decision will come very soon afterwards.

"Probably immediately after," Murphy said.

An extremely athletic player with a high motor, Murphy averaged 6.1 points, 6.3 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game while shooting 53.6% from the floor last season as a sophomore.

Per NCAA transfer rules, Murphy will have to sit out the 2014-15 season and will be eligible to suit up for the Bulls for the 2015-2016 season.

https://usf.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1647155

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Retweeted by Kamari Murphy

Oklahoma State transfer @Kdot_Murphy21 visits Miami Monday after visiting USF this past week

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Retweeted by Kamari Murphy

Oklahoma State transfer @Kdot_Murphy21 visits Miami Monday after visiting USF this past week

Having just driven thru Dade Co on the way to the Keys, it'd take a ton to get me back into that area.

However...a 20 something likely has a different set of priorities.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

Driving through parts of Tampa is just as bad.

Maybe I was lucky to avoid those areas while at USF, but I can assure you, Tampa's tough areas have nothing on Dade Co's (Liberty City, Overtown, Goulds, and many more).

We have bad spots in Palm Beach Co, but we can't rival the big city areas.

Guess we'll hear about Murphy within the next few days.  Feeling optimistic, for some reason.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Maybe I was lucky to avoid those areas while at USF, but I can assure you, Tampa's tough areas have nothing on Dade Co's (Liberty City, Overtown, Goulds, and many more).

We have bad spots in Palm Beach Co, but we can't rival the big city areas.

Guess we'll hear about Murphy within the next few days.  Feeling optimistic, for some reason.

Being practically born and raised in Miami, yeah, there's no comparison (the bad/ghetto areas in Miami are much worse.)

Fingers crossed for Murphy

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

"Oklahoma State transfer @Kdot_Murphy21 is still on his Miami visit. Family now lives in Atlanta. Muling Miami & USF."- Adam Zagoria tweet

"Oklahoma State transfer @Kdot_Murphy21 is still on his Miami visit. Family now lives in Atlanta. Muling Miami & USF."- Adam Zagoria tweet

I'm not sure "Muling Miami" is a good typo, given the drug industry there [zing].

We're certainly a few hours closer, but he's been there since Sunday, and it's Tuesday.  So, the pessimist me thinks he's going to pick Miami.

We'll just have to see.  As we learned from Canty, nothing is (mostly) certain till the LOI is signed.  As we learned from others, nothing REALLY matters till they hit the hard court and produce.