• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kareem Canty PG

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Good stuff!! COA is killing it so far... honestly couldn't have gone better for him as of now.

COA's doing a good job so far but things could always have gone better .... Thomas, Wilbekin.  ;)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Sour Grapes for the AU Tiger fans, you know "we didn't want him anyway"

AUHoopsBlog â€@AUHoopsBlog 

Not the least bit disappointed in loosing Kareem Canty to South Florida.

Matt â€@MHand_AU 

“@AUHoopsBlog: Not the least bit disappointed in loosing Kareem Canty to South Florida.†Why not?

@MHand_AU I'm happy with Tahj. We can find somebody in the 2015 class who would help us more than canty in the long term. Too many turnovers

Stephen Hooks â€@HooksAPR

He seems to have not been calling the shots…

@MHand_AU plus his recruitment was shady

Btw to any Auburn Tiger fan that ventures over here and I know you will, this won't be the only player that Auburn loses to USF either. Also can you imagine an Auburn Tiger fan talking about shady recruiting by another school? Really???

Edited by Vega

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Yes!!

Less cautious, more optimistic now.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Kareem Canty to USF

One day after returning from a visit to Penn State, Marshall transfer Kareem Canty committed to South Florida and new head coach Orlando Antigua.

Evan Daniels of Scout.com first reported the news.

“It was love,†the 6-foot-1 Canty told SNY.tv of his recent visit to USF. â€œI enjoyed it. The coaching staff made me feel like I was home and the weather was beautiful. I felt real comfortable. The athletic director was a major plus, too.â€

Canty also considered Penn State and Auburn.

The Brooklyn native averaged 16.3 points and 5.5 assists last season as a freshman at Marshall.

South Florida will likely try for a waiver to get Canty eligible immediately. If he does not receive one, he will have to sit a year as per NCAA rules.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/kareem-canty-to-usf/

Another shout out to Mark Harlan

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

No way we get a waiver on a guy from New York. Anyway, I thought they don't give out waivers anymore.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

5_KDcXgk_bigger.jpeg

Miguel A. Rodriguez @Mrodrig223

Rhetoric 241(Intro to journalism) changed my life. Official blogger for @iamdyckman, Staff Writer at @courtcred. Proud Binghamtom Alum. mrodrig223@me.com

New York City

Miguel A. Rodriguez â€@Mrodrig223 1h

Canty told me the NYC connection between Antigua and him was huge. Also, having Rod Strickland on the staff helped tremendously.

Miguel A. Rodriguezâ€@Mrodrig223 2h

"They produce guards. They got Marquis Teague into the league." -Canty

PS He's the one who posted toay the pic of Canty wearing the USF shirt in NY.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Antigua Lands Prized Transfer Kareem Canty

By Corey Bender

USFNation Field Reporter

Posted May 11, 2014

Per Scout.com's Evan Daniels, the University of South Florida men's basketball program has landed Kareem Canty, a highly-touted freshman that decided to transfer from the University of Marshall nearly a month ago.

Per Scout.com's Evan Daniels, Orlando Antigua and the South Florida were on the receiving end of some astounding news on Mother's Day, as Kareem Canty decided to pull the trigger and transfer into the Bulls' program after considering the Auburn Tigers and Penn State Nittany Lions.

Canty, a native of Harlem (N.Y.), averaged 16.3 points and 5.5 assists for the Thundering Herd during his freshman campaign. After the firing of head coach, Tom Herrion, Canty asked for his release from the Thundering Herd program on April 11 with hopes of finding his new home.

The 6-foot-1, 185-pound guard was blown away from the presentation by first-year head coach Bruce Pearl and the Auburn Tigers, but rather than issuing a commitment and ending the recruiting process early, Canty took additional visits to South Florida and Penn State, who he most recently visited this weekend.

Initially, Canty had a visit booked to UNLV from May 12-14, but had second thoughts and cancelled the trip over a week ago.

For a team that's lost six student-athletes since the conclusion of the 2013-14 season, Antigua and his staff have been proactive on the recruiting trail, and landing Canty is their biggest splash thus far in their limited time in Tampa Bay.

In the past two weeks, the Bulls have picked up commitments from Nehemias Morillo and Ruben Guerrero as well. Antigua and his staff have placed an emphasis on recruiting New York and Canty is the latest Empire State native to pop up on Antigua's radar.

Canty won't be eligible until the 2015-16 season, but his commitment gives Antigua his point guard of the future and a very good one to say the least.

http://southflorida.scout.com/2/1401747.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

GO BULLS! Excited about landing him excited to watch him play as soon as possible. It would be great if we heard he didn't have to sit for a year but I am excited none the less.

To the coaching staff,

Both congratulations on the big land, and thank you

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

up tempo please!

Here is to new beginnings!

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Good stuff!! COA is killing it so far... honestly couldn't have gone better for him as of now.

COA's doing a good job so far but things could always have gone better .... Thomas, Wilbekin. ;)

...so the measuring stick was 100%? That's silly.