• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The NBA has a big issue on its hands

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I listened to the tapes. I am with smazza he is more jealous than he is racists. He said she can do whatever with black people... "**** them I don't care, just don't put pictures on Instagram so my friends call me.."

Sounds like one of his friends saw a pic of the girl with a black guy (guessing magic Johnson) on instagram and then called him up and asked if she was cheating on him or something or if he knew about it. He is just mad she's taking pics with black dudes and his buddies are giving him flack. That his women is out with other dudes and his friends calling him up about it is embarressing for him. That is why he keeps saying to keep it private.

From the reaction I thought it was some racists rant but its not at all. It's more like "stop embarressing me taking photos with these black dudes. Now I got my friends calling me up about you in these photos with other guys." There is some inherent racism in the rhetoric but some of the other things he says seems to indicate he isn't nearly as hateful as I thought the rhetoric would be considering so much talk about it.

It's likely most black players in the NBA have said worse things perhaps jokingly or not, about white people.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Agree, it's not hateful, but it's hugely patronizing.

He thinks of himself as "lord of the manor" surrounded by the beloved house n*****s and the despised (but necessary) field n******s

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Like I said earlier , I wouldnt want my girl hanging out with some dude named Magic , who has HIV, who has banged over 10, 000 women either. 

Black , white, orange, purple whatever.  It was jealousy. 

Michael Jordan just said he "used" to hate all white people.  I bet no punishment. 

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091

didnt think he was going to sell  a billion dollar business against his will

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091

Just an FYI

He was not secretly taped. He asked to be taped.

There was a 3rd party in the room at the time, so it was not even a secret conversation.

where  did you get this fact that he asked to be taped

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049

Just an FYI

He was not secretly taped. He asked to be taped.

There was a 3rd party in the room at the time, so it was not even a secret conversation.

where  did you get this fact that he asked to be taped

Widely reported in the news. IIRC, he thought he was getting senile, so he asked her to record all their conversations.