• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2014 PG Mitchell Wilbekin

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

WF has now offered him.

Wilbekin's initial college decision to attend Tulsa with head coach Danny Manning revealed his true desire to play for Manning. His main reason for choosing Tulsa was his "relationship with Coach Manning and their style of play."

He further elaborated on Danny Manning, saying "I love his calm demeanor and the fact that he's played and excelled at the highest levels so I know he can develop my game." These qualities caused Wilbekin to commit to Manning before and may cause him to commit to Manning again.

Read more at:

http://www.bloggersodear.com/2014/4/24/5645952/mitchell-wilbekin-wake-forest-basketball-recruiting-tulsa-virginia

The only hope is that WF already have an establish PG on the roster and a Big Time prospect at PG coming in named Shelton Mitchell like the article says. I really believe Manning will try and sell Wilbekin on playing a lot of off guard to try an offset the crowded position if he goes there. Meanwhile Coach O does not have an established PG and certainly that position is anything but crowded right now.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Playing time, beaches are only a 40 minute drive away, and his family can come watch him play.

Playing time, beaches are only a 40 minute drive away, and his family can come watch him play.

I tell you what the USF fans on Twitter are sure expressing how they feel about Wilbekin signing with the Bulls. The tweet that has he and Troy playing together in the backcourt was one that caught my eye. That would be a young backcourt but with the potential to shoot it with range from both your PG and SG, sure gives Coach O many possibilities on his offensive sets he can install. If USF can also get a guy like Canty for this coming season or the next, then your backcourt really looks dynamic with shooters and play makers.

Corey Allen should be a guy that benefits this coming season if USF can land a PG like Wilbekin who the defenses will have to respect for his offensive potential.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Egbunu should be kicking himself. Imagine how much more he could do with a backcourt that can actually shoot hoops ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

Egbunu should be kicking himself. Imagine how much more he could do with a backcourt that can actually shoot hoops ...

I would imagine any self kicking by JE will depend on where he ends up and what we end up with ...

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

WF has now offered him.

Wilbekin's initial college decision to attend Tulsa with head coach Danny Manning revealed his true desire to play for Manning. His main reason for choosing Tulsa was his "relationship with Coach Manning and their style of play."

He further elaborated on Danny Manning, saying "I love his calm demeanor and the fact that he's played and excelled at the highest levels so I know he can develop my game." These qualities caused Wilbekin to commit to Manning before and may cause him to commit to Manning again.

Read more at:

http://www.bloggersodear.com/2014/4/24/5645952/mitchell-wilbekin-wake-forest-basketball-recruiting-tulsa-virginia

The only hope is that WF already have an establish PG on the roster and a Big Time prospect at PG coming in named Shelton Mitchell like the article says. I really believe Manning will try and sell Wilbekin on playing a lot of off guard to try an offset the crowded position if he goes there. Meanwhile Coach O does not have an established PG and certainly that position is anything but crowded right now.

phil evans â€@philthebakerbjs 1h

Wake Forest Releases 4-Star PG Shelton Mitchell from NLI

WF has now offered him.

Read more at:

phil evans â€@philthebakerbjs 1h

Wake Forest Releases 4-Star PG Shelton Mitchell from NLI

Well ****, no wonder WF offered. Kinda expect Wilbekin to end up there now.

USF is still going to need a PG or two with the strong possibility that Collins is leaving soon. Also need one that has game which translates well to what Antigua is going to do even if by small chance Collins stays.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Any chance USF goes after Shelton Mitchell?

Russ Wood â€@RussHoops 4h

Former 2014 Tulsa point guard signee, Mitchell Wilbekin visited Wake Forest last week & has canceled the rest of his visits.

Any chance USF goes after Shelton Mitchell?

Jamie Shaw â€@JamieShaw5 1h

Shelton Mitchell 6'2 Oak Hill former Wake Forest commit, tells me his 4 visits will go to Mizzou, Cal, Vandy, & Oregon @SMitchell_4