• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

This...could mean if Rice is TRULY loyal to UNLV, he could be levering UNLV for unselfish reasons.  Could be that kind of guy to use demand to get better things for the school he loves.

Retweeted by Greg Auman
edgraney â€@edgraney ·6 mins
Source confirms that if UNLV extends Dave Rice, he will likely stay. He wants extra $$ put back into the program, not for his pockets. Expand Collapse

Retweeted by Greg Auman
edgraney â€@edgraney ·8 mins
Rice and UNLV AD Tina Kunzer-Murphy to meet tonight. Decision either way should come fast.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

Dwayne Morgan â€@_theREALdeal15 2h

@Dwayne_Wise yo fam back to the drawing board .

This is a good sign guys.   If the Bulls get Dave Rice and he brings that Top 10 recruiting class with him then this has the potential to be a great hire.   From what I hear his X's and O's are not the best but I would rather have a guy (Rice) pulling in top 10 recruiting classes, with only 3 years head coaching experience, that needs to work on his X's and O's, then a guy (Heath), pulling in top 75 recruiting classes, that still struggles with his X's and O's after 13 years of being a head coach.

At least get your facts straight if you're going to slam him ... 

How is it slamming him.    Our class last year was #22 with a four star and 3 three stars.   His normal class is about 2-3 three stars and has been ranking anywhere from 50th to 75th.   I don't think Heath was an awful recruiter by any means but I also don't think he was ever hitting any home runs either, which we see on the floor year in and year out.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

If I were USF I'd publicly withdraw the offer the moment I got wind of the fact I was being used for leverage. Poof! There goes the leverage!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315

If I were USF I'd publicly withdraw the offer the moment I got wind of the fact I was being used for leverage. Poof! There goes the leverage!

I will say this.  If he did it just for leverage then USF looks like a bunch of fools.    First Masiello.  Then Rice.   These boards may explode with anger.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Worst. Search. Ever.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

This is a good sign guys.   If the Bulls get Dave Rice and he brings that Top 10 recruiting class with him then this has the potential to be a great hire.   From what I hear his X's and O's are not the best but I would rather have a guy (Rice) pulling in top 10 recruiting classes, with only 3 years head coaching experience, that needs to work on his X's and O's, then a guy (Heath), pulling in top 75 recruiting classes, that still struggles with his X's and O's after 13 years of being a head coach.

How is it slamming him.    Our class last year was #22 with a four star and 3 three stars.   His normal class is about 2-3 three stars and has been ranking anywhere from 50th to 75th.   I don't think Heath was an awful recruiter by any means but I also don't think he was ever hitting any home runs either, which we see on the floor year in and year out.

By normal class, you mean the classes he was recruiting before the Muma Center ... ?

Look, I really can't defend the records the last 2 years, even though there were some extenuating circumstances. The records are what they are. My only point is that CSH showed what he could do here in 09/10 and 11/12 when he had the right players, talent/experience wise and I thought he should have had one more year to work with ...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

This is a good sign guys. If the Bulls get Dave Rice and he brings that Top 10 recruiting class with him then this has the potential to be a great hire. From what I hear his X's and O's are not the best but I would rather have a guy (Rice) pulling in top 10 recruiting classes, with only 3 years head coaching experience, that needs to work on his X's and O's, then a guy (Heath), pulling in top 75 recruiting classes, that still struggles with his X's and O's after 13 years of being a head coach.

How is it slamming him. Our class last year was #22 with a four star and 3 three stars. His normal class is about 2-3 three stars and has been ranking anywhere from 50th to 75th. I don't think Heath was an awful recruiter by any means but I also don't think he was ever hitting any home runs either, which we see on the floor year in and year out.

By normal class, you mean the classes he was recruiting before the Muma Center ... ?

Look, I really can't defend the records the last 2 years, even though there were some extenuating circumstances. The records are what they are. My only point is that CSH showed what he could do here in 09/10 and 11/12 when he had the right players, talent/experience wise and I thought he should have had one more year to work with ...

Now that we're up to $1.4 for Rice, firing CSH is looking more and more asinine. Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  386
  • Days Won:  0

So much for stealth....

I just have a feeling he's using us for leverage.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259

And this is what we get for having our President involved way, way too deeply in USF Athletics.  We are essentially neutered by a crazy woman who knows violation about athletics.  We truly won't improve unless she gets her fingers out of the athletics pie or the BOT has finally had their fill of her micromanagement and gets a replacement in here who can effectively manage that side of the university through great hires and letting them do their work.  If they don't get it done (AD level only) then get them replaced.  The AD is in charge of the coaches and their hiring and firing. KNOW YOUR ROLL!!!!

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259

So much for stealth....

I just have a feeling he's using us for leverage.

Ya think?   :roflmao: