• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Speculation on MBB Coach Budget

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Based on everything I've been reading, I'm of the belief we will be paying upwards of $2 million a year for a basketball coach, which will require another 1+ million for assistants.

That is a vast change from the past and I think I am set up for a major disappointment when the hire does end up happening.

Edited by Bull Martin

Guest PCBull14

This will be where we see if Judy " puts the school's money where her mouth is" . She talked about not tolerating mediocrity. To get out of the mediocrity with this basketball program it will require a big time coach with a big time personality. I think the starting salary for that person is going to be in $2.1 area and go up.

I will say it again. If they weren't prepared to bring in a big time coach and bring in someone with an average track record or an up and comer changing coaches was the dumbest move in school history.

At this point, the coach needs to be someone that can move the needle for the program immediately. Not 3 years from now.

We don't need a big name coach. We need a coach who can coach that is it. The talent is already there to be a strong tourney team next season. Heath couldn't coach or develop but the guy sure brought in some players. Would make a great assistant somewhere.

Guest PCBull14

Based on everything I've been reading, I'm of the belief we will be paying upwards of $2 million a year for a basketball coach, which will require another 1+ million for assistants.

That is a vast change from the past and I think I am set up for a major disappointment when the hire does end up happening.

Tommy Amaker or Mike White, won't even need to spend nearly that much. Sustained success is all I care about.

Five straight 20 win seasons at Harvard...hire him please. Mike White seems to be on his way to doing that at La Tech. Let’s bring one of them here and get in on the consecutive 20 win season party. 23 or 26 wins in the AAC is a strong seed in the tourney.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Tommy Amaker or Mike White, won't even need to spend nearly that much. Sustained success is all I care about.

Five straight 20 win seasons at Harvard...hire him please. Mike White seems to be on his way to doing that at La Tech. Let’s bring one of them here and get in on the consecutive 20 win season party. 23 or 26 wins in the AAC is a strong seed in the tourney.

Yeah, tell that to SMU.

Guest PCBull14

Yeah, tell that to SMU.

Tell SMU not to lose to USF, Houston, and Temple. You should beat those teams end of story. Nine losses is fine, but they better be to good teams. How can you lose to Virginia by three and then lose to USF and Temple.  

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

To compete with Auburn we would have to beat a 6-year deal starting at $2.2 million and a $100,000 raise each year, bringing the value of the deal to $14.7 million.

I don't see USF going that high.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

$1.2 million + 4 Muvico tickets for each game won.

Do we have to score at least 40 points in the win?