• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Temple loss may be the last straw.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

I think they played with a lot of effort, like they have all season but I think the problem is that the offense doesn't play to its players... How is it ok for McClendon to shoot a 20 foot shot when he hasn't made one from there all day?? Including shoot around... Not getting to the whole and shooting 15 ft jumpers or floaters is a sad excuse for coaching...

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Heath is a loser. Keeping him would be the same if USF had kept Holtz or the Bucs had kept Schiano. He should be fired immediately.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

I don't see how this today was any different than most of the season, so I don't think the result was unexpected. 

A couple thoughts - 

Martino Brock was my unexpected MVP of this team (the award will probably go to Rudd, but if I got a vote it would be Brock). 

Rudd has some serious ups and scoring 1000 points in only 3 years is very impressive. 

I can't wait to watch the two bigs over the next 3 seasons. 

We need 2 guys who are pure shooters. 

Leday, Hawkins and Musa all need to step up. (Leday got better towards the end of the year) - I wouldn't be shocked if 1 or 2 of those 3 aren't here next year, transferring to a school that will give them more time. 

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I wouldn't be shocked, but I would be surprised if Heath gets fired.  New AD coming in and he was hamstrung losing his starting PG this year.  Seems like an overreaction to me, but this board loves to overreact.

I may be overracting but it was a terrible way to lose. I want Heath to make it here. Believe me. If anything, Heath may be blessed in that the new AD is not hired yet. If we would have hired a new AD, he would have tuned into that mess. Thankful for Heath that we are still in the process. 

The AD will look at more then just one game. Even though Stan is a nice guy, you have to look at his body of work as a whole. There is no history of Heath being able to get the job done on a consistent bases. This loss today now guarantees that Heath will have his third 20 loss season out of 7 as head coach here. Heath has loss at least 19 or more games 6 of his last 12 years as HC, with 5 of those as USF head coach. In the same time frame, Heath's teams has only finish above .500 in league play 2 times. Can Stan recruit? Yes, but this is an even more indictment on his coaching/leadership ability because he has had talented players over the years to have produced much better results.

A trademark of his has been the lack of an offensive system that utilizes the talent on his team. Instead Heath's offense is solely based on having a player/scorer that can create his own shot and just wing it from there. Well Rudd Jr is now about to be a thing of the past, like Dominique Jones, Patrick Beverley, Sonny Weems, and Ronnie Brewer. Brock is another guy that could create his own shot did this as well. Who is that guy going to be next season if Stan were still here? McClendon?

Poor conditioning of Heath's teams was also another trademark that isn't a good one. Razorbacks fans complained about it and we saw it here as this team would fatigue during stretches of games. Those long scoring droughts had something to do with it, not being able to close out games strong showed that as well. We saw it again today.

I just don't see how giving Heath another season is helping the basketball program or himself. Make no mistake, he would have to make the NCAAT next season. Hopeful of making the CBI or NIT isn't going to impress the new AD. The fact that Rudd and Brock are leaving, it's hard for me to see Heath making the NCAAT next season. When I called Heath a lame duck it wasn't because of his contract not running out, it was because everybody knew he would be fired after the season should he fail to make the big dance.

Edited by Vega

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,337
  • Days Won:  43

I wouldn't be shocked, but I would be surprised if Heath gets fired.  New AD coming in and he was hamstrung losing his starting PG this year.  Seems like an overreaction to me, but this board loves to overreact.

I may be overracting but it was a terrible way to lose. I want Heath to make it here. Believe me. If anything, Heath may be blessed in that the new AD is not hired yet. If we would have hired a new AD, he would have tuned into that mess. Thankful for Heath that we are still in the process. 

The AD will look at more then just one game. Even though Stan is a nice guy, you have to look at his body of work as a whole. There is no history of Heath being able to get the job done on a consistent bases. This loss today now guarantees that Heath will have his third 20 loss season out of 7 as head coach here. Heath has loss at least 19 or more games 6 of his last 12 years as HC, with 5 of those as USF head coach. In the same time frame, Heath's teams has only finish above .500 in league play 2 times. Can Stan recruit? Yes, but this is an even more indictment on his coaching/leadership ability because he has had talented players over the years to have produced much better results.

A trademark of his has been the lack of an offensive system that utilizes the talent on his team. Instead Heath's offense is solely based on having a player/scorer that can create his own shot and just wing it from there. Well Rudd Jr is now about to be a thing of the past, like Dominique Jones, Patrick Beverley, Sonny Weems, and Ronnie Brewer. Brock is another guy that could create his own shot did this as well. Who is that guy going to be next season if Stan were still here? McClendon?

Poor conditioning of Heath's teams was also another trademark that isn't a good one. Razorbacks fans complained about it and we saw it here as this team would fatigue during stretches of games. Those long scoring droughts had something to do with it, not being able to close out games strong showed that as well. We saw it again today.

I just don't see how giving Heath another season is helping the basketball program or himself. Make no mistake, he would have to make the NCAAT next season. Hopeful of making the CBI or NIT isn't going to impress the new AD. The fact that Rudd and Brock are leaving, it's hard for me to see Heath making the NCAAT next season. When I called Heath a lame duck it wasn't because of his contract not running out, it was because everybody knew he would be fired after the season should he fail to make the big dance.

Heath's days many be numbered, but I will always thank him for building this program back up. In reality, he did get us so close to the Sweet 16. He did recruit us talent. The future is still bright. Just need better coaching of our talent. No more of this Dunk show crap. More FTs. More 3pt shooting, More fundementals. Get that going and we start winning. 

Edited by Bull Daly

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

I don't see how this today was any different than most of the season, so I don't think the result was unexpected. 

A couple thoughts - 

Martino Brock was my unexpected MVP of this team (the award will probably go to Rudd, but if I got a vote it would be Brock). 

Rudd has some serious ups and scoring 1000 points in only 3 years is very impressive. 

Leday, Hawkins and Musa all need to step up. (Leday got better towards the end of the year) - I wouldn't be shocked if 1 or 2 of those 3 aren't here next year, transferring to a school that will give them more time. 

The 18 point blown lead made it a little different but the result wasn't a real surprise. I don't think Hawkins or Musa got in the game today. Didn't hear pre or post game ... was anything mentioned about that? 

A couple thoughts - 

The 18 point blown lead made it a little different but the result wasn't a real surprise. I don't think Hawkins or Musa got in the game today. Didn't hear pre or post game ... was anything mentioned about that? 

I think it is a lost cause to learn anything from what Heath says. He didnt mention anything about it.  I want to give him one more year but I will be surprised now if that happens. Boosters are upset after the Rutgers and Temple choke. They better have a good showing in AAC tourny for Heath's sake is all I can say. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

A couple thoughts - 

I'm thinking Musa is gone.  Heath seems to really hound LeDay but I'm thinking that is because he thinks he has the talent.  And I'm one of the few that is still holding out hope on Hawkins.

A couple thoughts - 

I'm thinking Musa is gone.  Heath seems to really hound LeDay but I'm thinking that is because he thinks he has the talent.  And I'm one of the few that is still holding out hope on Hawkins.

Both LeDay and Hawkins have talent. They showed it their freshman season. It was too bad that it took a back step this season. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

On a happy note, no matter what happens tonight, USF WBB should reach the postseason for the 10 time in 11 years this season. 

That being said, the NCAA's are still very possible. 

• Upvote 1