• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Other Shoe - Potential MBB NCAA Investigation

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

We all traffic in speculation and innuendo. It's not cool to single any one person out for it. Participation in the board should be for entertainment purposes only.

It's more than entertainment for some. I think we should let people decide for themselves what they want out of their participation in the board.

What is the purpose of your participation on this board if not for just entertainment? Spiritual fulfillment? Learning how to fix a lawn mower?

Geez. Everyone is so dam* touchy. When the product sucks I guess people turn on each other. And given the anonymity of a board, everyone's a tough guy.

You're the one that got touchy by saying something I did that was done to someone other than you was not cool.  Not trying to be a tough guy.  My purpose for being here is not only for entertainment, but for me to keep in touch with Bulls fans, learn about what is going on with the school and the program, and for me to contribute what little knowledge and info I have.

Maybe that's not you're thing, but I just resent one guy, other than Brad, defining this board's purpose for the rest of us, especially when the definition isn't one size fits all. 

Sorry if that's "touchy." 

Edited by GaUSFBull

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

This board is highly informative of the goings on around the university.  Specifically the goings on around the athletics department, but there's a lot of news gathering on here.  I'd say my purposes for coming on the board are three fold: 1) keep up to date on the latest USF news; 2) entertainment; 3) kill time at work

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432
  • Days Won:  0

Here's a question I have, and forgive me if this has been brought up already and I missed it but... if we do end up having some sort of NCAA violation on our hands, didn't we just promote the person responsible for ensuring we comply with NCAA rules to executive senior associate athletic director?

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

Here's a question I have, and forgive me if this has been brought up already and I missed it but... if we do end up having some sort of NCAA violation on our hands, didn't we just promote the person responsible for ensuring we comply with NCAA rules to executive senior associate athletic director?

That isn't entirely fair to that person. If a compliance director monitors the programs, promotes a culture of of compliance in the department and does everything right, a rouge coach can easily cheat. The compliance director shouldn't automatically be the fall guy.

Now with that being said, my last paragraph was all hypothetical. I have no knowledge on any of these things, I am just saying that a good compliance director who does everything right can still have violations occur on their watch.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

We all traffic in speculation and innuendo. It's not cool to single any one person out for it. Participation in the board should be for entertainment purposes only.

It's more than entertainment for some. I think we should let people decide for themselves what they want out of their participation in the board.
What is the purpose of your participation on this board if not for just entertainment? Spiritual fulfillment? Learning how to fix a lawn mower?

Geez. Everyone is so dam* touchy. When the product sucks I guess people turn on each other. And given the anonymity of a board, everyone's a tough guy.

You're the one that got touchy by saying something I did that was done to someone other than you was not cool. Not trying to be a tough guy. My purpose for being here is not only for entertainment, but for me to keep in touch with Bulls fans, learn about what is going on with the school and the program, and for me to contribute what little knowledge and info I have.

Maybe that's not you're thing, but I just resent one guy, other than Brad, defining this board's purpose for the rest of us, especially when the definition isn't one size fits all.

Sorry if that's "touchy."

Ok man. You win! What, I don't know really, because I certainly wasn't trying to define how others could use the board (nor could I even if I wanted to). And staying informed about athletics and sharing your thoughts on athletics are - you guessed it - also entertainment. But if it makes you feel better, go with it. I surrender to your impeccable logic and goodwill. Back to the shadows of ignorance and faulty logic I go...

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432

That isn't entirely fair to that person. If a compliance director monitors the programs, promotes a culture of of compliance in the department and does everything right, a rouge coach can easily cheat. The compliance director shouldn't automatically be the fall guy.

Now with that being said, my last paragraph was all hypothetical. I have no knowledge on any of these things, I am just saying that a good compliance director who does everything right can still have violations occur on their watch.

Oh, I wasn't implying that he should be the fall guy. I guess more than anything I thought it was interesting because the powers that be obviously thought he was doing a good enough job to promote him. So if anything I guess I'm leaning toward the "review of the matter" will likely not come up with much worth getting worked up about.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  276

Hey, we have our best ever recruiting weekend happening right now...let's get excited about that!

Boom...we're all Bulls here!

http://youtu.be/d-diB65scQU

:iconic_u_black::icon_drink::LoveFest:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Do I have to pull this board over??

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

LOL, yes. Take us home, we've all been drinking.

EDIT: At least I have...

Edited by TallyBull

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Dude, you shouldn't even be driving.

(I'm sorry, I was out of line. That includes to you, Hem.)