• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Petrino interviews with Louisville

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

On the other hand, USF did have two very memorable wins over Petrino's Louisville, coming in USF's first games in Conference USA and Big East coincidentally enough. It's a shame they're leaving and we won't get to renew that tradition.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I guess you and one of the top ADs in the country will have to agree to disagree.

I guess you and one of the top ADs in the country will have to agree to disagree.

Amazing that ADs are only infallible when you agree with them. I guess I must be wrong that Steve Kragthorpe was a bad hire for Louisville. After all, Jurich hired him.

Jurich's own words are right there in the story. His actions now are not only contradicting my opinion, but his own words then.

I'm sure we'll hear what he has to say about it eventually.

Amazing that ADs are only infallible when you agree with them. I guess I must be wrong that Steve Kragthorpe was a bad hire for Louisville. After all, Jurich hired him.

Really? You've now decided Jurich isn't a good AD because of that hire? Give me your list of better ADs, just for comparison sake.

Really? You've now decided Jurich isn't a good AD because of that hire? Give me your list of better ADs, just for comparison sake.

Where did I say that? Did you actually read what I wrote? You implied that I must be wrong because "one of the top ADs in the country" has a different opinion. All I said was, just because he's the one who made a decision doesn't mean it was automatically the right one - he made a catastrophically poor hire in the past. What a baffling response.

And in addition to the poor hire of Kragthorpe, his decision to trust Bobby Petrino in the past was also a poor decision, the very thing that led to Steve Kragthorpe: Louisville head coach.

Edited by gobulls83

Where did I say that? Did you actually read what I wrote? You implied that I must be wrong because "one of the top ADs in the country" has a different opinion. All I said was, just because he's the one who made a decision doesn't mean it was automatically the right one - he made a catastrophically poor hire in the past. What a baffling response.

I don't believe I ever said Jurich was infallible. What I did say was, you're a dude on a message board who doesn't like the hire. He's one of the best athletic directors in the country who once made a bad hire and has overwhelming made good hires. You do not agree on this one.

Well in that case, congratulations on your grasp of the obvious I guess?

I guess I just made the mistake of believing you were trying to contribute something to the conversation. I think it's impossible to read that story (which I'm pretty sure you didn't) and not see this as a very strange decision by Jurich. Doesn't mean it's wrong, but it pretty clearly shows why it's risky. Jurich already trusted him once, and was wrong. Arthur Blanc, owner of the Falcons, trusted him, and was wrong. Arkansas trusted him, and was wrong. Western Kentucky trusted him, and he bolted after a year, though that one is far less shocking or unusual. What reason is there to believe it will end any differently this time?

Edited by gobulls83

And I mistakenly thought you were going to do more than repeat for the 20th time across multiple threads what a bad hire you think it is. Though you did stop saying it would never happen. So I guess that's progress.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Whatever else he is, Jurich isn't stupid. I fully expect the contract to be loaded with protective clauses for the school.