• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greg Schiano and Mark Dominik fired in Tampa

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Lovie Smith, anyone?

May happen.  Current Twitter speculation is that he would bring Jeff Tedford in as his OC. 

That would seem to be a nice pairing.  For GM I've heard McKay, Angelo and Ruskill all mentioned.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Not sure McKay would want to come back after the way he was run out of here, but that may have been more Gruden's doing than the Glazers. Someone on Twitter mentioned Shelton Quarles ... THAT was out of left field.

Not sure McKay would want to come back after the way he was run out of here, but that may have been more Gruden's doing than the Glazers. Someone on Twitter mentioned Shelton Quarles ... THAT was out of left field.

Didn't Quarles spend some time scouting for the Bucs?

Edit:  I just checked, he was promoted to Director of Pro Scouting in July.  Seems too soon to me, but what do I know?

I could see Jerry Angelo coming in with Quarles learning and waiting in the wings.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Now, if we can just get someone to buy the team that cares about having a powerhouse in Tampa instead of Manchester (or NOLA)

An owner who doesn't care doesn't fire a coach after just two years ...

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Now, if we can just get someone to buy the team that cares about having a powerhouse in Tampa instead of Manchester (or NOLA)

An owner who doesn't care doesn't fire a coach after just two years ...

This ... 

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Good thing Schiano had the opportunity to run off Josh Freeman before he was fired, though he didn't exactly shake out with Minnesota.

right move 

freeman was terrible

schiano is happy he is out of that mess

Good thing Schiano had the opportunity to run off Josh Freeman before he was fired, though he didn't exactly shake out with Minnesota.

right move 

freeman was terrible

schiano is happy he is out of that mess

I still can't believe that Freeman's stats went from being as good as they were to as bad in just a couple of years because Freeman alone was a failure.  I believe the coaching staff had to have something to do with that.  The guy threw for over 4,000 yards in 2012.  In 2010 his TD/Int ration was 25/6.  He didn't suddenly forget how to QB unless he has much bigger issues than football.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Philbin and Ireland should've been next.

Ultimate NFL choke job and they still kept their jobs, continuing mediocrity for Miami. Unbelievable.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Poor Miami hasn't been the same for over a decade.

Not sold on Lovie Smith, but he's supposed to assemble Marinelli, Leslie Frazier (DC), Tedford (OC), and Tony Sparano (OL) as a team. Not a bad bunch of rejects, but no matter what, that all still ends up hinging on Tedford and the offensive game plan.

People in Tampa are tired of boring football. Between the last 2-3 years of USF and the Bucs, it would be nice to start getting offensive back in the bay area.

The defense is the only team out of 7 that had +10 turnover margin and didn't make the playoffs, they really don't NEED someone to fix the defense, just make it better in certain areas.

Also, not on board if Lovie wants to reunite with Jay Cutler, but saw Cutler wants to do a deal with Bears...please hope he does. I'd be okay with Philip Rivers though.

Lovie Smith spent nine seasons in Chicago.  Won only five games in year one after taking over a bad team.  In the next 8 seasons, only two losing records at 7-9.  Four seasons of ten or more wins, including a Super Bowl appearance.

That is a far better career record than Jon Gruden.  The only other former coaches available with a record that is even close would be Bill Cowher, Bill Parcells or some other long since retired coach.