• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Saturday Night - Another Good Bye to the Big East

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

I know not many on here want to talk Women's Basketball, but if you already clicked on the thread, give me a moment.

Two years ago we said good bye to Bob Huggins, last year was probably Jim Boeheim's last trip to the Sun Dome.

Tomorrow (Saturday's) night is most likely C Vivian Stringer's last trip to the Sun Dome.

Her career highlights include:

4 trips to the Final 4, (she was the first coach to lead 3 different teams there)

Over 900 wins, making her the 3rd winningest coach in the history of women's college basketball (that was as of February, she may have moved higher)

She is a member of the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame (inducted in the same class as Michael Jordan).

For $10, you get to see your Bulls play a game (kids are free), a last chance to see a legend on the sideline, and most likely free movie tickets.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

leadership is lacking from the top

lets face it

usf has no expectation of success

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

lets face it

USF Athletics Dept has always had an expectation for mediocrity, if you look at past, & present staff hires that says it all. We don't have a large enough fan base who cares, and the fan base that does care doesn't bring enough dollars to the table to make any changes. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

lets face it

USF Athletics Dept has always had an expectation for mediocrity, if you look at past, & present staff hires that says it all. We don't have a large enough fan base who cares, and the fan base that does care doesn't bring enough dollars to the table to make any changes. 

in other words-- we are meeting expectations

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I hate Futgers!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Goodbye Big East (again).

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

Went to the game last night.  Got a free pompom.  Pujol played like a beast, I think she had 17 points. 

We didn't rebound well and we went something like 8 minutes without a score in the middle of the first half.  We became more competitive in the second half, but it was too little too late by then. 

Still, there are a few bright spots on a team that largely lost its leadership in the last year.  I say Pujol is the future of that team.  She can be a monster and she's just a freshman. So things can look up.

Went to the game last night.  Got a free pompom.  Pujol played like a beast, I think she had 17 points. 

We didn't rebound well and we went something like 8 minutes without a score in the middle of the first half.  We became more competitive in the second half, but it was too little too late by then. 

Still, there are a few bright spots on a team that largely lost its leadership in the last year.  I say Pujol is the future of that team.  She can be a monster and she's just a freshman. So things can look up.

Agree on Pujol, she played her best game of the year. Williams, Taylor, Jenkins all coming back.

I want to see McDonald sell out and give everything to win games. She needs to not pout after missed shots or when she thinks she was fouled. She should be dominating games, and she isn't ... but it isn't too late.

I also want to say a good word on Inga last night, she has struggled with her shot this year , but she had a good night rebounding and working hard.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

So I was wrong back in December.... one more shot at Rutgers. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061

Let's finish em