• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Navy / Annapolis

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  12

Just spent the evening in Annapolis. Walked around downtown, by the water, and saw a little bit of the campus and stadium where Navy plays. Nice little historic town and that place will make for a really good road trip. Especially for the boaters and seafood lovers.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Just spent the evening in Annapolis. Walked around downtown, by the water, and saw a little bit of the campus and stadium where Navy plays. Nice little historic town and that place will make for a really good road trip. Especially for the boaters and seafood lovers.

It's an awesome place to hang out on spring and fall weekend afternoons.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

I really hope they join our conference. The AAC now is not the same league they agreed to join. I worry they will take the Boise/San Diego State route.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I really hope they join our conference. The AAC now is not the same league they agreed to join. I worry they will take the Boise/San Diego State route.

I think USF should've take the Boise/SDSU route.

Edited by Carolina_Bull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

It's an awesome place to hang out on spring and fall weekend afternoons.

Definitely on our road trip "to do" list.  Hoping it will be Oct to mid Nov when we go up there.  Really don't want to do late Nov or Dec in the Northeast but, for Navy, we would probably do it once no matter the weather.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

And joined the MWC?

And joined the MWC?

Really? The reference I was making was committing to joining our conference and leaving before they ever play a game.

In the case of Navy, it would either remain a football independent or a football only member of the ACC.

And joined the MWC?

Really? The reference I was making was committing to joining our conference and leaving before they ever play a game.

In the case of Navy, it would either remain a football independent or a football only member of the ACC.

So I have no idea what you wanted USF to do.  Not ever join the Big East?  Go back to Conference USA?  Become an independent?  (I really hope it isn't the last one).

And joined the MWC?

So I have no idea what you wanted USF to do.  Not ever join the Big East?  Go back to Conference USA?  Become an independent?  (I really hope it isn't the last one).

You replied to me, but it seems so out of place. In this thread, I made two points: one - that while I want Navy to join our conference I fear they may not. two - that Navy had no intention of joining the MWC, and if they didn't join the AAC they would either stay an independent or join the ACC.

I said nothing about USF, (other than implying that Navy in the AAC is good for USF).

Your questions seem to be out of left field, but since you asked:

Joining the Big East was the single greatest accomplishment USF Athletics has ever made to date. Leaving the AAC for C-USA would be a poor choice that no school would make. I am on the record that USF needs a conference, and going the route of an independent would be a huge mistake.

But, why ask me all those questions, I was only talking about Navy?

Because Carolina Bull said USF should have taken the Boise St route, which is who I replied to.  Not sure why you replied to the questions I posed to Carolina Bull.