• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How are bowl game ticket sales going????

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

What happened to everyone that used to give us the ticket sale totals for all the bowl games?? I am curious to see how well the Beef O Brady's Bowl does as they have a good traveling fan base in East Carolina in town. 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

It's on Monday @ 2pm. If they crack 20k, it's a miracle.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Well we sold our allotment.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

It's on Monday @ 2pm. If they crack 20k, it's a miracle.

Saw that and thought it may have been a typo .... although, for out of town teams that doesn't really matter. It would be disastrous if we were in it.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

I'm looking forward to the Beef's Bowl (been to all but one of them). While the bowl (and all bowls) want to sell tickets, I am pretty sure this one exists more to create programing for ESPN. I don't think their budget is dependent on X tickets sold.

I would imagine that the game comped enough tickets to make the lower bowl look respectable.

When we talk about ECU being a good traveling team, I would be surprised if they brought more than 5k. Ohio will bring about 3.5k. Then lots of underprivileged kids.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

ECU has sold out all its Bus trips for the game. (don't forget that Greenville is a drivable distance from St Pete). Expect ECU to have 15k there, (thru School ticket sales and thru Secondary sites like Stubhub).

Also if you look on Stubhub currently there are only 0 tickets left. (not sure if they stopped selling on there since game is Monday) but typically they give you the option to download instantly when near deadline.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

ECU has sold out all its Bus trips for the game. (don't forget that Greenville is a drivable distance from St Pete). Expect ECU to have 15k there, (thru School ticket sales and thru Secondary sites like Stubhub).

Also if you look on Stubhub currently there are only 0 tickets left. (not sure if they stopped selling on there since game is Monday) but typically they give you the option to download instantly when near deadline.

What I like about ECU is that they have always traveled well. They have a good fan base. Hope USF can reach that point one day. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

Stubhub only sells electronic tickets last moment.

School tickets and free kids tickets are all paper ... so only people who bought from ticketmaster and got e-tickets can currently sell on stubhub .... because it is too late to ship.

I think ECU's traveling base is way overrated. I remember them bringing about 450 last time they played us in Ray Jay. Yes, when they are winning they do travel better, but so do we. I would like to think we are at least equal if not better than them in terms of a traveling fan base.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

rose bowl and bcs championship game will be sell outs

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

When we played the Purple Pirates in BHam , they out numbered us 2-1 easily.  (at least that what it looked like to me in person).

We have been outnumbered in ALL our bowls minus the Beef Bowl vs Memphis. Short drive across the bridge helped.

Clemson and NC State out numbered us by 5 to 1 or more in Charl bowls.

Oregon out numbered us in Sun Bowl.

Not saying our fans don't travel better when we are winning, but the Rutgers game this year prob we had about 30 of us there.(being generous here.) in the USF section in the endzone. 

UCF game we didn't sell our allotment either.(believe it was only 5k to sell and we didn't do that, and we took the band)

We only had 14 k at home this year Actual attendance for 2 games I believe according to RAY JAY numbers.

Edited by Dhambuc