• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

FYI...Univ of Houston today just released renderings of some of their premium seating options in their new 40,000 seat on-campus stadium opening next fall.

See link for article and all renderings

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/cougar-pride/spec-rel/121313aaf.html

That link is a great read pertaining to the season ticket holders' cost of getting into an ocs ...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

New on-campus stadiums aren't free...but most of the big buck donors/friends of the Univ, etc....all seem to want to pitch in to get UH a new on-campus stadium...as they had to replace their 60 year old HS stadium (yes, it was initially built to host HS Football games), and almost all of their alumni didn't want the team to play permanently at the NFL Stadium (Reliant, which is an amazing facility), located just over 5 miles away from their campus.

Alumni/sponsors seem to open up their wallets when new on-campus facilities are built.

New on-campus stadiums aren't free...but most of the big buck donors/friends of the Univ, etc....all seem to want to pitch in to get UH a new on-campus stadium...as they had to replace their 60 year old HS stadium (yes, it was initially built to host HS Football games), and almost all of their alumni didn't want the team to play permanently at the NFL Stadium (Reliant, which is an amazing facility), located just over 5 miles away from their campus.

Alumni/sponsors seem to open up their wallets when new on-campus facilities are built.

Exactly ... I'm sure that UH did their due diligence in feeling out their base support group, especially the heavy hitters, when the time came to make a decision about a new home and acted accordingly.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

So that's why all UCF could build was it's el' cheapo Wok!  UCifer's opened their wallets and not much came out.

Trip and GAUSFBull, this is the kind of nonsense I am talking about. It just irks me. USF doesn't even have a stadium yet and our fans make these kind of dumb statements that seem so childish. I mean, at least wait until USF builds something that is hopefully better than in Orlando before ragging on their stadium. I don't want anything like they either, but if USF gets a similar stadium for more money, it would be embarrassing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well how much has USF fans contributed for a new stadium compared to their $55 million? Its nonsense because its the have-nots making fun of the haves.

So that's why all UCF could build was it's el' cheapo Wok!  UCifer's opened their wallets and not much came out.

Trip and GAUSFBull, this is the kind of nonsense I am talking about. It just irks me. USF doesn't even have a stadium yet and our fans make these kind of dumb statements that seem so childish. I mean, at least wait until USF builds something that is hopefully better than in Orlando before ragging on their stadium. I don't want anything like they either, but if USF gets a similar stadium for more money, it would be embarrassing.

Need I remind you that this a ******** USF fan board. What the hell do you expect?? If you want unbiased opinions, go find a generic college sports board ........................................ please!

Need I remind you that this a ******** USF fan board. What the hell do you expect?? If you want unbiased opinions, go find a generic college sports board ........................................ please!

Biased is fine. it's the sophomoric comments that make the fanbase look like a bunch of clueless middle schoolers with green and gold goggles. It gets embarrassing. Yeah, I don't think anyone at USF likes UCF's stadium but they have one. Some vendor makes an error on a shirt and wow, UCF is a bunch of idiots because of it. I wish USF had a bcs game invite to make a shirt for, no matter if it's misprinted. People talk about how classless Rutgers and UCF fans are and I am starting to see the same thing of Bulls fans and I don't like it, one bit.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

No, its not time for an OCS. What benefit would an OCS provide in the near or mid-term? Its not revenue because the cost of the stadium would offset that benefit for many years. It can't be to have more students attend because the majority of students are off-campus and what students are on-campus don't attend existing on-campus events. If its to have a more collegiate environment for our football games 7 times a year, sure, but that is a lot of cheese for a warm fuzzy.

Personally, I like playing in an NFL stadium with best-in-class facilities. Sure there are trade-offs I think you keep playing on RJS until the noise from an on-campus stadium is deafening. Outside of a few threads on this board, I don't hear anyone clamoring for an OCS.

Isn't the point of an OCS to be a LONG term investment?  Build it right and you can have it last 80 years or more with proper renovations now and then. 

As it has been said before:  Marketing for USF athletic events is terrible.  The best advertised events for this school are the football games (but that isn't saying much).  I feel like (as a student) if we had an OCS it would be more convenient for students to come to games.  Those who are on the fence about going would choose whatever is most convenient.  A game at RayJay?  Too far away, transportation going there is spotty, and if you take that God-awful bus system to the stadium you can only leave at the very end on a very crowded bus.  A game at an OCS?  You can walk, take the Bull-Runner, and come/leave whenever you need/want to. 

I see nothing wrong with wanting a more authentic game day experience.  Like some of us have said, in recent years RayJay has felt like a neutral site game more than a home game.  Sure we win and more people come to games, we get more hometown butts in the seats to block out the Red seats with Green/Gold shirts and problem solved.  But in a fair-weather city like Tampa?  What happens in a down year?  In an OCS at least you'll always be reminded whose house it is whenever you look at it. 

The thing I think we all agree on is that although some of us want an OCS, if they build it they had best build it right.  Build it to last and build it with the future of USF athletics in mind.  It would be nice if on a Thursday night game when they have a blimp fly-over they could actually SEE the campus and showcase it to the world.  Nice facilities bring in recruits, showcasing ours has the potential to be a huge boost.

Biased is fine. it's the sophomoric comments that make the fanbase look like a bunch of clueless middle schoolers with green and gold goggles. It gets embarrassing.

Apparently I didn't type it slow enough last time. This .... is .... a ... board ... primarily .... for .... USF .... fans. Fan is short for fanatic and fanatics say outrageous things at times. If things said here embarrass you, just don't tell any non Bulls fans about them.

People talk about how classless Rutgers and UCF fans are and I am starting to see the same thing of Bulls fans and I don't like it, one bit.

open-door-field.jpg

• Upvote 2