• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

All this hype is nice and all, but you are forgetting one small detail. USF must beat Stetson on Friday night, first!!!! Hope the team is not looking ahead to OSU when they have a trap game with Stetson that is hungry for that 1st win this season. 

Exactly. Better to be 4 - 1 after Monday than 3 - 2.  That OSU team looked great last night. Blocked shots, steals and broken up passes all night long.

How about USF be 5-0 after Monday? First off we know they will over look Stetson at first. Probably a closer game then it should be with our talent advantage showing itself in the 2nd half and we pull away.

Marcus Smart is a great player that is motivated to prove the so called experts wrong for having several true freshmen ahead of him in the next NBA draft. It's like they have forgotten all about him and he is using that to fuel his already high desire even more. Big game against a ranked Memphis team was the first of many showcase games for Smart to make sure people haven't forgotten his name.

Against USF I don't think Smart plays like that as he might see us as just another game Okie st suppose to win. Smart will still get his numbers but I'll be surprised if he looks like he did against Memphis. The first key for our guys is not to be afraid of him and the Cowboys. Our Corey Allen was asked on Twitter is he going to have to guard Smart, Allen responded with he hope he does. Now you have a Chris Perry who seems in awe of Smart and might be a little shelled shock to see such a beast that might be coming at him. Allen's attitude is what the team needs to have, not the attitude that Chris Perry has.

The good teams see the challenge, accept the challenge, and look to conquer the challenge, not be afraid to try. USF fans needs to have an approach that anybody outside of the Indiana Pacers and Miami Heat that comes to the Sundome will be leaving with a loss. Do your part and make OK St understand quickly that this will not be a comfortable enviroment to where they can just show up and win.

What exactly did Perry say?

Just being a fan boy of Smart. He didn't say it he was afraid. The contrast was with Allen who looks forward to the challenge and not in awe of Smart while not being disrespectful, but let's go play.

Being a fan is not necessarily being in awe ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

There's also a difference between a Fan and Fanboy, Fanboy having a derogatory connotation.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fanboy

C'mon Trip, get with the times.

There's also a difference between a Fan and Fanboy, Fanboy having a derogatory connotation.

Never!!! .... I would still like to see what exactly he said that gave Vega this impression. One thing I've learned, especially here, is that different people read the same thing differently ...

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

One game doesn't necessarily make one a Champion (unless its the championship game).   Okie St might have looked like a juggernaut  against Memphis but I wouldn't proclaim them  a final 4 team or say they are going to beat us when we play.  Lots of variables come into play.( Memphis could of had a bad day, Okie could of played up ,  injuries come into play as well.   Lots of season to be played, We just started the season.  

Lets keep it in perspective Drama Queens,  We beat Cincy in FB this year, but we are not as good as they are overall in Football this year.(one game doesn't mean a thing).

So Go Bulls and lets beat those CowBoys.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

I think we will see that Memphis is way over rated as conference play begins.  OSU is beatable we gave them a game at their place even though we had nothing last year.  At home with this team an upset is not out of the quetion

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Perry may be playing coy with the whole Smart thing. He really doesn't strike me as a kid who is in "awe" of anyone. I think he takes the thunder to Smart. Our problem is likely not Smart it's perimater defense. We have to have AC back at 95% plus or we got problems. OSU has some serious outside game, unlike anyone we have faced yet.

Never!!! .... I would still like to see what exactly he said that gave Vega this impression. One thing I've learned, especially here, is that different people read the same thing differently ...

You do know Trip is a closet tweeter, don't you? Come on out of the closet Trip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5Jzdkgj-XI

You do know Trip is a closet tweeter, don't you? Come on out of the closet Trip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5Jzdkgj-XI

One of my favorite songs from one of my favorite bands .... but it's just a conicidence.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I always found that song mildly disturbing.

Love Ray Davies, but that song, is, well, disturbing. And Trip, I am speechless.

On a related note, Had a really hot GF from ATL. Her name was Lola and she had all the right packages under her Christmas Tree.

sexy_christmas_wallpaper_010.jpg