• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We may have a problem

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

As a coach, you should try to tailor your offense to the kids you have, but without changing your philosophy. He is just stating facts, these kids were recruited to run a completely different offense (IMO, not really sure what offense Skip ran), so it will take some time to either get these guys comfortable and going with this, or recruiting guys that fit this offense. Would it hurt to hear that as a player? Sure, but that shouldn't stop you from working your tail off to help the team win.

I think we have some very thin-skinned players in that locker room. If Taggart could institute his system of play in Bowling Green, KY, of all places, I'd like to give him the opportunity to do so here. With statements like the one the OP posted, however, I think its Taggart's way of motivating some of those kids in the locker room. It's ultimately up to them to make catches, make tackles, stick to their assignments, etc.

I agree with this.  Our team is soft.  Taggart needs to instill some toughness and team discipline, and one of the best ways to do that is to weed out the kids that don't want to fight to get better.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Discipline, as a team, is not something we've ever really enjoyed here. I'd love to see that come around, along with improved football IQ for our players.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

@yosterl: Got my bachelors in grad school working towards my masters nd still doing wat I love playing ball 🈠"F" a hater lol get like me #Winning

@yosterl: The man ain't even wanna shake my hand when I decided to leave

@Bulldogs4Mom: @yosterl He is suppose to be a leader, but he is less than a man.

Bulldogs is Sterling's mother.

Those last two were retweeted by Joshua Brown....

Looks like Taggart still has some fat to cut.

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Do we know they were talking about CWT as the non-hand shaker?

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Well obviously there have been some transition issues with the new coach and system. There will be players hurt because they dont fit into the system. Taggart even flat out admitted it that he needs to get more of his players to play his way of playing. We will see how many complaints there are in a few years. That is when CWT will be judged by the people that make the hiring and firing decisions. If this team is still fumbling the ball and making bad penalties then it is all on CWT. No other way to excuse it then. Transition years suck. Just the way it is. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Well obviously there have been some transition issues with the new coach and system. There will be players hurt because they dont fit into the system. Taggart even flat out admitted it that he needs to get more of his players to play his way of playing. We will see how many complaints there are in a few years. That is when CWT will be judged by the people that make the hiring and firing decisions. If this team is still fumbling the ball and making bad penalties then it is all on CWT. No other way to excuse it then. Transition years suck. Just the way it is.

Is shaking someone's hand not part of CWT's new system?

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,126

Edited by mark_my_words

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,126

Looks like his feelings got hurt and he complained to him mom over twitter.  Not passing judgement on that just summing up what we are upset about now.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Now how can we assume who he is talking about here?  All I am saying is that a lot of people will have their differences when a new system comes into their lives. It happens at work. It happpens at school. It happens in sports. Nothing new here. We shall see if we see this in the next few years. Right now, your argument falls on deaf ears. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

@jbrown1_GOBULLS: @yosterl Jit won't even offer me a thanksgiving meal , boy you have been blessed.. #Happythanksgiving

Still talking...

Calling your coach a Jit, is not a wise decision.

Who else would Sterling be looking for a handshake from that is supposed to be a leader when he told that person he decided to leave?

Edited by Hem