• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

False starts. ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

Absolutely ridiculous to have that many in the same game. Finding new ways to hurt ourselves in winnable games. Really liked what I saw out of White....you just get the feeling that when he throws, it will actually be completed to his own team. Offense actual resembled a 1-A program. Kloss was awesome as usual. Defense was average. Poor tackling, shredded by those short passes once again. Poor use of timeouts to put it nicely.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Totally to be expected with a QB the team hasn't worked with much.  Different voice, different cadence.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936

Things will improve with each start. I'm just happy I finally have something to look forward to watching

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Refs never call that. 1st time I have ever heard a ref call the 1 second rule. This was a crooked officiating crew. Not obvious enough for you?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Refs never call that. 1st time I have ever heard a ref call the 1 second rule. This was a crooked officiating crew. Not obvious enough for you?

What isn't obvious is what you are talking about.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

Not saying we should save the timeouts for next week, but they called almost back to back TOs early in the 3rd with the game still within reach. 19/170 was not totally expected, but that can only get better as White gets more time with the first team.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Personally, I'd rather use the time outs than to try saving them for next week.

we could've used those timeouts in the 4th q...

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

The false starts where the line is not set will be worked out once White starts getting more comfortable on the field.

It would also help if the coaching staff didn't take almost 20 seconds to get each play in. I was watching the clock in ghe 4th qtr. They were only first getting to the huddle with 17 seconds left on the play clock. Most plays they are lining up with about 8 seconds left. It is not a wonder that a Freshman QB is rushing the snap with about 5 seconds left.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

What isn't obvious is what you are talking about.

ok, I'll say it a little slower. USF got whistled about 4 times in the 4th qtr for not getting set after the motion moves for 1 second. If a player is still in motion, they call a motion penalty. What the refs were doing tonite was saying that he was set, but not long enough. THAT RULE IS NEVER CALLED. I've never seen it happen. THE GAME WAS FIXED. oh, and we had relatively few false start calls.

Edited by Bullwinkle