• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woolard has to go ASAP.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  102
  • Days Won:  0

No one in America in management would be employed if they were fired for hiring employees that didn't work out.

Unless they are in Congress.  Just sayin.

Edited by Kahoki

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

Mark Sanchez was always an iffy candidate, he only played 1 season as starter at USC. Its like saying Josh Freeman was a great NFL Candidate. As one of the former NFL execs said on NFL Network yesterday, he showed bad decision making and accuracy in college and still does it in the NFL.

LOL that is not the point!!!!!!! The point is the New York Jets thought he was a good enough candidate to take him early in the 1st round. They were wrong, and their team is paying for that mistake now. Doug Woolard thought Skip Holtz was a very good candidate. He was wrong and our team is paying for that now. AGAIN I am not comparing the situations and I know it is different, I am simply saying just because Doug Woolard or a NFL GM hires/drafts a "good candidate" doesn't mean everything is good and they did the right thing. 

Would you rather me use Jamarcus Russell with the Raiders? Ryan Leaf with the Chargers? Tim Couch with the Browns? Pick which ever you want. 

Difference being that the GM and Rex liked Sanchez. And after years, both are still employed. And Woolard relied on a professional search firm to find qualified candidates. And if I recall, LRS was on that jet to get Holtz. Doubt he would do that if he wasn't behind it either. Maybe you would be better served by suggesting USF sued that firm.

You don't fire people for hiring qualified people. You fire the qualified employee when they don't meet performance expectations. No one in America in management would be employed if they were fired for hiring employees that didn't work out.

I have never said that "Doug Woolard should be fired and fired right now". I certainly wouldn't be against it and I don't see how anyone could be though. A point I am making is at some point if he is the guy who hired Holtz the responsibility and accountability falls on him for that hire not working out. The main point I was trying to make was someone said "All he has done is hire great candidates for our head coaches". So that makes everything okay? Well at the time they were "great candidates"? Seriously? Just because a guy makes a hire who is a "good candidate" doesn't mean you wash everything else under the rug and forget what has actually happened. 

You really are having trouble understanding what drafting Mark Sanchez did to the Jets? Do you not remember the Jets were in the AFC championship game I believe 2 years in a row because their defense was so good? Can you imagine if they actually drafted a "good candidate" that actually ended up being good? Mike Tannebaum is not still employed and Rex Ryan is on his way out after this season. They drafted someone who they thought was going to be good and it didn't work out. Doug Woolard hired someone he thought was going to be good. It didn't work out. I understand there are extreme differences in the situations but its the principle of responsibility/accountability. 

He used a professional firm? Link? Never heard anything about that and on top of that since you're just defending every move this guy makes what do you hold him accountable for? Is his job description "hiring "good candidates" and firing coaches that "do something illegal, allow infractions to happen with their teams, and abuse players"? So in order for Doug Woolard to be successful to you as long as he is "hiring good candidates that is agreed with by "college sports experts" and firing coaches that "do the wrong thing" he's A+? For making $500,000 a year if you're his critic sound like he's got the best job in America.

Edited by USFbulls24

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Did Cuse or Pitt end up leaving the Big East? Yes, they did. Obviously they were trying to get out. You did hear reports of other schools in the Big East - Uconn, Cincy, etc trying to get out. These teams you're mentioning you didn't hear anything prior to them leaving. But the important part for their schools is they did do something and they did leave. Not only did USF not leave, there wasn't even a report or anything about USF even thinking about it.

Just because we didn't hear about efforts to get out, or actually get out, doesn't mean that Woolard and Judy didn't try.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Responsibility isn't shifted if you do a crappy job. I did a crappy job, fire my boss, he hired me? Really? Now if I did a crappy job and wasn't fired after given a chance to correct my behavior, fire me and my boss. Hotlz was here for 3 years, the last 1 1/2 seasons were bad, not the first year and half of the second. Some of you, if you were the one making decisions like firing the AD, would eventually never be able to find an AD willing to work for you, because of your unrealistic expectations of your AD's responsibilities.

Mark Sanchez was always an iffy candidate, he only played 1 season as starter at USC. Its like saying Josh Freeman was a great NFL Candidate. As one of the former NFL execs said on NFL Network yesterday, he showed bad decision making and accuracy in college and still does it in the NFL.

LOL that is not the point!!!!!!! The point is the New York Jets thought he was a good enough candidate to take him early in the 1st round. They were wrong, and their team is paying for that mistake now. Doug Woolard thought Skip Holtz was a very good candidate. He was wrong and our team is paying for that now. AGAIN I am not comparing the situations and I know it is different, I am simply saying just because Doug Woolard or a NFL GM hires/drafts a "good candidate" doesn't mean everything is good and they did the right thing. 

Would you rather me use Jamarcus Russell with the Raiders? Ryan Leaf with the Chargers? Tim Couch with the Browns? Pick which ever you want. 

Difference being that the GM and Rex liked Sanchez. And after years, both are still employed. And Woolard relied on a professional search firm to find qualified candidates. And if I recall, LRS was on that jet to get Holtz. Doubt he would do that if he wasn't behind it either. Maybe you would be better served by suggesting USF sued that firm.

You don't fire people for hiring qualified people. You fire the qualified employee when they don't meet performance expectations. No one in America in management would be employed if they were fired for hiring employees that didn't work out.

I have never said that "Doug Woolard should be fired and fired right now". I certainly wouldn't be against it and I don't see how anyone could be though. A point I am making is at some point if he is the guy who hired Holtz the responsibility and accountability falls on him for that hire not working out. The main point I was trying to make was someone said "All he has done is hire great candidates for our head coaches". So that makes everything okay? Well at the time they were "great candidates"? Seriously? Just because a guy makes a hire who is a "good candidate" doesn't mean you wash everything else under the rug and forget what has actually happened. 

You really are having trouble understanding what drafting Mark Sanchez did to the Jets? Do you not remember the Jets were in the AFC championship game I believe 2 years in a row because their defense was so good? Can you imagine if they actually drafted a "good candidate" that actually ended up being good? Mike Tannebaum is not still employed and Rex Ryan is on his way out after this season. They drafted someone who they thought was going to be good and it didn't work out. Doug Woolard hired someone he thought was going to be good. It didn't work out. I understand there are extreme differences in the situations but its the principle of responsibility/accountability. 

He used a professional firm? Link? Never heard anything about that and on top of that since you're just defending every move this guy makes what do you hold him accountable for? Is his job description "hiring "good candidates" and firing coaches that "do something illegal, allow infractions to happen with their teams, and abuse players"? So in order for Doug Woolard to be successful to you as long as he is "hiring good candidates that is agreed with by "college sports experts" and firing coaches that "do the wrong thing" he's A+? For making $500,000 a year if you're his critic sound like he's got the best job in America.

Does Google not work for you? And Woolard did NOT use a search firm after firing Holtz.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=td-newsflash011210

Holtz confirmed he has been contacted by Chuck Neinas – who has been hired by USF to do the search – to solicit his interest in the job.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

No one in America in management would be employed if they were fired for hiring employees that didn't work out.

Unless they are in Congress.  Just sayin.

Who did Congress hire lately?

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

SNIP....

Does Google not work for you? And Woolard did NOT use a search firm after firing Holtz.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=td-newsflash011210

Holtz confirmed he has been contacted by Chuck Neinas – who has been hired by USF to do the search – to solicit his interest in the job.

Dude, that is just too funny.  A quick 30 second Google search, and bam!  You got served.  :lmao:

Pitt and Syracuse? Take the green and gold blinders off and look at it objectively, no comparison to USF.  These are schools with natioanl championships, Heisman winners, billion dollar endowments, etc.. Things that take a century, or in the case of Pitt, two centuries to build. 

Did Cuse or Pitt end up leaving the Big East? Yes, they did. Obviously they were trying to get out. You did hear reports of other schools in the Big East - Uconn, Cincy, etc trying to get out. These teams you're mentioning you didn't hear anything prior to them leaving. But the important part for their schools is they did do something and they did leave. Not only did USF not leave, there wasn't even a report or anything about USF even thinking about it.

Just because we didn't hear about efforts to get out, or actually get out, doesn't mean that Woolard and Judy didn't try.

That is true. But because I did hear about other schools it just makes me think they didn't. Can't really blame my logic.

Responsibility isn't shifted if you do a crappy job. I did a crappy job, fire my boss, he hired me? Really? Now if I did a crappy job and wasn't fired after given a chance to correct my behavior, fire me and my boss. Hotlz was here for 3 years, the last 1 1/2 seasons were bad, not the first year and half of the second. Some of you, if you were the one making decisions like firing the AD, would eventually never be able to find an AD willing to work for you, because of your unrealistic expectations of your AD's responsibilities.

You make good points. Once again.. not saying he should be fired right this second or tomorrow.. I just think it's interesting to see people stick up and defend him given the fact that his hiring, Skip Holtz, ruined our program lol.