• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We Comin' (UM Game Smack Thread)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

I grew up in Miami, and in Ft Lauderdale. So I know the "UM Bandwaggoner" crowd VERY well

Let me explain to you, what 99% of these UM Fans don't even know-

The University of Miami... isn't even located in Miami. It's located in Coral Gables. 

If you rounded up all of these obnoxious UM fans, drove them down US-1 and physically pointed at the UM campus... they wouldn't even know what they were looking at. 

I've got three degrees from the University of South Florida... you own a University of Miami T-Shirt. You didn't go to UM, no one in your family went to UM, most of them didn't even attend or better yet, graduate from ANY of the colleges down in Miami (FIU, Miami Dade, Nova, etc)

I was at the game when USF played UM for the first time in the Orange Bowl in 2004 (or 2005, can't remember the exact year). Most obnoxious, rude, disgusting group of people I've ever met are UM bandwaggoner fans.

It takes a certain level of scumbag, who never attended the college they are supporting, to talk smack to a REAL student or alumni from another school. 

"I didn't go to UM, no clue even where the campus is located... but the shirts say Miami so I'm going to support them and talk smack to you, who actually graduated from the school you're here to support"

Very few fans get under my skin like the UM bandwaggoning fans do. When you're at the game on Saturday, take a look at those people cheering, and ask yourself if they look or act like the type of person who can afford the 6 figure bank roll it costs to go to UM, or even have the mental capacity to get a college degree from ANY college for that matter. 

It funny, but when I wear this jersey to the games, rarely does anyone actually say something to me. 

um.JPG

So don't tell me "we coming", when you didn't even go. How about you do some "going", as in "actually GOING to UM", before you tell me "you coming"

Deal?

Edited by MikePhillips

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  0

Not that I hope, I think if you break the rules you should be punished...

Can you name the people on campus who cheated and deserve to be punished? Thanks in advance.

We'll name them after the NCAA report is released.

Oh, you don't get it, I guess. Everyone named in the NOA is gone. Athletes, employees, all gone. You guys want to punish a bunch of coaches and kids who came in after the fact.

Yes Edwin, that's the way the NCAA rules violations (punishments) work.

Another Bull who can't follow the thread. Shocker.

Not that I hope, I think if you break the rules you should be punished...

Can you name the people on campus who cheated and deserve to be punished? Thanks in advance.

We'll name them after the NCAA report is released.

Oh, you don't get it, I guess. Everyone named in the NOA is gone. Athletes, employees, all gone. You guys want to punish a bunch of coaches and kids who came in after the fact.

Yes Edwin, that's the way the NCAA rules violations (punishments) work.

LOL ... You can sure tell the UM groupies who don't have a ******* clue about college football from the actual UM alumni that occasionally post here ...

You're talking to an alum, princess. And I haven't been wrong about a single thing in this thread. I have to spend half my time on this board pointing out the stupid errors that your posters make.

I grew up in Miami, and in Ft Lauderdale. So I know the "UM Bandwaggoner" crowd VERY well

Let me explain to you, what 99% of these UM Fans don't even know-

The University of Miami... isn't even located in Miami. It's located in Coral Gables. 

If you rounded up all of these obnoxious UM fans, drove them down US-1 and physically pointed at the UM campus... they wouldn't even know what they were looking at. 

I've got three degrees from the University of South Florida... you own a University of Miami T-Shirt. You didn't go to UM, no one in your family went to UM, most of them didn't even attend or better yet, graduate from ANY of the colleges down in Miami (FIU, Miami Dade, Nova, etc)

I was at the game when USF played UM for the first time in the Orange Bowl in 2004 (or 2005, can't remember the exact year). Most obnoxious, rude, disgusting group of people I've ever met are UM bandwaggoner fans.

It takes a certain level of scumbag, who never attended the college they are supporting, to talk smack to a REAL student or alumni from another school. 

"I didn't go to UM, no clue even where the campus is located... but the shirts say Miami so I'm going to support them and talk smack to you, who actually graduated from the school you're here to support"

Very few fans get under my skin like the UM bandwaggoning fans do. When you're at the game on Saturday, take a look at those people cheering, and ask yourself if they look or act like the type of person who can afford the 6 figure bank roll it costs to go to UM, or even have the mental capacity to get a college degree from ANY college for that matter. 

It funny, but when I wear this jersey to the games, rarely does anyone actually say something to me. 

um.JPG

So don't tell me "we coming", when you didn't even go. How about you do some "going", as in "actually GOING to UM", before you tell me "you coming"

Deal?

Touching. I'm an alum, so I know you're not talking to me.

The funniest thing is something I mentioned before. You pound on UM because a lot of our fans didn't attend UM ($40,000 per year and top 50 is why YOU didn't go to UM either). But the reason why your fan base is all alumni is because you're so irrelevant that your own students don't even care. USF=Hawaii-Hilo. Zero outside interest. People around Tampa who didn't attend USF would surely be Bulls fans if you would give them at least one reason to do so.

That jersey is cute. It shows who is on your mind and who your measuring stick is. Just like USF emphasizing the "U" and the hilarious billboards about the "Big 4". You want so badly to fit in that you resort to stuff like this.

As a UM alum, I guess I should wear a shirt asking if you went to USF, and then offer my sympathies to anyone who admits that they did in fact attend Florida's largest community college.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Getting nasty in here

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'm sort of jealous of these guys. I barely have enough time in my life to hate my own team right now and these dudes are pulling down jobs where they can spend all day/night on opponents boards talking ****.

• Upvote 1

Since you guys are on the bandwagon kick, let me ask you a few questions.

On September 28, 2007, there were 67,012 people at the USF football game at Raymond James Stadium.

On September 14, 2013, there were 33,792 people at the USF football game at Raymond James Stadium.

So the obvious question is, who are those 33,000+ people who don't go anymore?

Are they non-USF alums who were attracted to a big event? If so, that makes you Miami North.

Are they alums, since you claim that USF fans all went to school there? If so, then your alums are bigger bandwagon fans than our non-alums.

Whichever way you try to spin it, USF is a textbook example of a bandwagon fan base. Yet you people throw stones. Epic.

I'm sort of jealous of these guys. I barely have enough time in my life to hate my own team right now and these dudes are pulling down jobs where they can spend all day/night on opponents boards talking ****.

Having two degrees offers a lot of flexibility that I would not have if I was grinding it out in some hourly wage job.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Having two degrees offers a lot of flexibility that I would not have if I was grinding it out in some hourly wage job.

You're clearly living the dream.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Story time with Uncle Nads. That's cool, bro. Thanks for sharing.