• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I'm say'n

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The offense needs to do more than just turn the corner. It's going to be a year or two before this team is "pretty good". We've been "really really bad."

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Days Won:  0

The likelihood of us beating Miami is very low considering how we've started the season. That said, they're also not as good as most think. A couple things to consider:

1) Sure, they beat Florida, but the Gators really beat themselves with five turnovers and awful offense.

2) Stephen Morris' injury may be a factor.

3) This is this Miami team's first game in the spotlight. The pressure will be on to prove themselves.

4) Conversely, there's no pressure on us. Everyone thinks we suck so we have nothing to lose.

5) It's a noon kickoff which typically favors the home team.

6) We've beaten them before. Yes, they weren't as good then as they are now and we were better then than we are now; but still, we've beaten them.

7) They just came off a game where they annihilated an overmatched I-AA opponent. Many teams have a habit of a letdown after big romps.

8) Miami seems to be overly confident, which may be their worst enemy.

To win, we've got to limit our mistakes (i.e., no more giving up touchdowns on offense) and force them into mistakes with our defense. I'm optimistic we'll give them a fight.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1

lol at Miami's first game in the spotlight

the UF game, hello? 

Miami 48 

USF 14 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  121

Sucks Miami caught us during the Holtz disaster and the CWT first year of rebuild.  I would like to play miami again in 2-3 years. 

On the flip side, it sucks that you caught us in the Randy Shannon era. But that loss got us Al Golden, so I can't feel too bad about it.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Come on MiamiNads, not a good comparison. Shannon> Holtz any day of the freakin' week.

The likelihood of us beating Miami is very low considering how we've started the season. That said, they're also not as good as most think. A couple things to consider:

1) Sure, they beat Florida, but the Gators really beat themselves with five turnovers and awful offense.

2) Stephen Morris' injury may be a factor.

3) This is this Miami team's first game in the spotlight. The pressure will be on to prove themselves.

4) Conversely, there's no pressure on us. Everyone thinks we suck so we have nothing to lose.

5) It's a noon kickoff which typically favors the home team.

6) We've beaten them before. Yes, they weren't as good then as they are now and we were better then than we are now; but still, we've beaten them.

7) They just came off a game where they annihilated an overmatched I-AA opponent. Many teams have a habit of a letdown after big romps.

8) Miami seems to be overly confident, which may be their worst enemy.

To win, we've got to limit our mistakes (i.e., no more giving up touchdowns on offense) and force them into mistakes with our defense. I'm optimistic we'll give them a fight.

I love the "UF gave them the game" logic. Do you not realize that four of the five turnovers were forced? When Driskell gets his spine snapped by a D-lineman who beat his man, that's not "beating themselves".

As for the spotlight, I hardly consider a noon game against an 0-3 team the "spotlight".

And Al Golden is the antithesis of overconfident. Not sure where that line is coming from.

Come on MiamiNads, not a good comparison. Shannon> Holtz any day of the freakin' week.

MiamiNads? Welcome to the 8th grade board, I guess.

Randy Shannon was horrific enough to lose to you guys. That about sums it up.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

So 6-3 win for Moons Over My Hammy the next year was the picture of greatness for your awesome Sugar Canes squad with Al Jesus Golden?

Edited by GaUSFBull
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

Sucks Miami caught us during the Holtz disaster and the CWT first year of rebuild.  I would like to play miami again in 2-3 years. 

The offense has not turned the corner when they do this team will be pretty good.  The question is can the offense turn the corner this year or will it be next year.   

As opposed to the Leavitt era when we lost 27 - 7 in 2005.  Seriously, people need to stop.  We had some crap losses under Leavitt too.  That's why people wanted him gone.  Some of our best wins were under Jim, but some horrendous losses as well.  Holtz wasn't the anti-Christ.  Leavitt wasn't the Messiah.  And we have no idea yet what Tags will turn out to be.

• Upvote 1

So 6-3 win for Moons Over My Hammy the next year was the picture of greatness for your awesome Sugar Canes squad with Al Jesus Golden?

I rejoice in your bitterness, just to let you know.

No, no one said anything about greatness two years ago. 40-9 in year two seemed to be a step in the right direction, though. It's like Taggert taking over for Holtz. There's only so much the guy can do in his first year.