• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart: Goal Remains to Win the American

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

“It’s been three bad ballgames for us. It’s frustrating, but we’re not quitting,” Taggart said. “We have nine ballgames to go and our goal is still in front of us. We want to win the American (Athletic) Conference and it’s still in front of us. We’ve got some work to do.”

From GoUSFBulls.com:  Defense Keeps Producing in 28-10 Loss to FAU

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

In what year?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

...a LOT of work, but it starts with their heads. There's hope, I saw a handful of them smacking helmets and getting in faces to get their heads up, but far more were just dragging around--unacceptable level of pride.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Take the 66 points our offense scored for the opposition and we could have still been in the ball games.

Can we win the american?  I mean sure it's statistically possible, but we may not win any games

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

...a LOT of work, but it starts with their heads. There's hope, I saw a handful of them smacking helmets and getting in faces to get their heads up, but far more were just dragging around--unacceptable level of pride.

While I know some are overly sensitive to the smacking of helmets, to go so far as to call it assault, I think it's a good sign. 

It did appear some on the sidelines seemed to care about the level of play.  That's a step forward. 

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Crazier things have happened, but highly unlikely.  I have to imagine that the talent and coaching in the AAC is much better than at McNeese State and FAU.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

A bench-led offense seems much more promising than the alternatives

Bench still doesn't know the playbook fluidly enough to run more than a handful of plays effectively.  Taggart said in his presser that Bench is out there thinking too much.  The flow should be read-react.  Bench is doing read-think-react, which is why Taggart didn't stick him out there yet.

We could potentially get good enough on offense, considering the defense doesn't give up, to win some games (UConn, Memphis).

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

A bench-led offense seems much more promising than the alternatives

Bench still doesn't know the playbook fluidly enough to run more than a handful of plays effectively.  Taggart said in his presser that Bench is out there thinking too much.  The flow should be read-react.  Bench is doing read-think-react, which is why Taggart didn't stick him out there yet.

This really applies to all 3 QBs so far. They're all taking too long to unload the ball and it costs us. I think if Eveld or Bench can develop that natural feel for how the play is developing, they can unload a little sooner and good things start to happen. Right now they're all playing a little afraid, but Bench looks the most comfortable to me--he's the one I'd focus on, but I'm not CWT.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

While I know some are overly sensitive to the smacking of helmets, to go so far as to call it assault, I think it's a good sign. 

It did appear some on the sidelines seemed to care about the level of play.  That's a step forward. 

Lynch is always trying to motivate guys on the sidelines... He's one of the only ones though. We need more guys out there motivating and less sulking.