• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OK Which One?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,079
  • Days Won:  39

For all those who want Willard gone who is gong to replace him?

6623.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

For all those who want Willard gone who is gong to replace him? You want someone much better than him right? Here's a list of arguably the top 25 AD's. Open your wallets because whatever is spent to lure one of them from the P5 to USF, IF its even possible,  is going to cost a lot more than what Woolard makes.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1203037-power-ranking-college-footballs-top-25-athletic-directors

Those top 25 started from somewhere else, they weren't born to their position.  Are you that dense?  Stupid question but hey, coming from you that's probably the best I can say.  We need a young up and comer at the assistant AD level from a top flight institution that actually has a history of CFB excellence.  What we don't need is a retread from a Div 1AA system who's claim to fame is great Title 9 sports teams.  Keep your wallet in your pants, like you always do, your $2.98 won't be needed.  Your nearly 10K posts in this forum just seem to be you wanting to hear yourself rather than contributing anything of value.  Continue on in your next 10K.

So you want an up and comer, like the past two coaches? Genius. 

:lmao:

Truly. The guy that complains the most about the last two up and coming coaches on the entire board now wants an up and coming AD. Priceless.

BR/DR

I would think after all these years, we'd have one of the Top 25 ADs, we don't?

What would you say we have?

Winning attitudes and accountability start at the very top of an organization, we obviously have had and continue to have a problem in that position.

I will forever be lumped in with hbryan for this :), but this comment is the key to the discussion as I noted in another thread or two.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

What kind of, "accountability" are you expecting, that is not happening?  Does CWT need to be flogged in front of the Marshal Center after every loss.  Does anyone here really believe that CWT has no accountability for these losses?

I think you guys want Judy or Doug to come out publicly and rip CWT and the football program.  That's not what professionals do.

It's three crappy games into a new coaching regime and we have serious issues on our lines.  This is going to be a rough season.  Hopefully, CWT can make improvements this season.

I personally don't want any of that.

But I do believe the "state of the program" rests in the hands of the AD.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Some people apparently believe we are Florida or Alabama.

In Woolard's time we have upgraded the athletics facility for every single sport with a fraction of the budget money that the big schools.  Coach Heath has resurrected a dead basketball program while playing in the most difficult basketball conference in the country.  His last recruiting class was Top 25 and he hasn't had a chance to put any of those guys on the court yet.

Those blaming Doug Woolard for a couple of football losses are myopic.  Woolard has performed miracles with what he has been given to work with.

Facilities, that's what I posited on another thread.  Big win.

Don't forget kudos to the Bulls Club and LRS for raising the money for those facilities.

ShadowBull, those believing any blame attached to Woolard is only "for a couple of football losses" is worse than being myopic.  I'll not pass that judgment on what that term is, however.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

Winning attitudes and accountability start at the very top of an organization, we obviously have had and continue to have a problem in that position.

I will forever be lumped in with hbryan for this :), but this comment is the key to the discussion as I noted in another thread or two.

I'm going out on a limb and speculate that LRS who worked with and knew  DW a lot better than anyone on this forum would not stay associated with USF if they weren't committed to fielding a winning program.

CXMFBOHCCTEDCGR.20110905204348.jpg

That's great, and emotional, speculation. 

On the other hand, I wouldn't sully a good man like LRS to defend the AD's control over the descent of this program.

The pic is a plus, though.

Look, prior to Leavitt being fired, Woolard didn't have to worry about winning.  We can agree on that.