• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deep down, you all know it will get worse

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I don't want to make excuses for the defense, but lets be real here. Floyd threw 2 picks, one of which was returned for a TD. Shaw fumbled inside our own 20. Our punter kicked a ball 33 yds from our what 10 yard line? That's four opportunities right there inside our own 50 that led to points. Not to mention the numerous 3 and outs that came one after another. I'm sure the defense just got deflated and gassed at some point. I didn't get to watch the game, but I followed it on my phone so correct me if I am wrong here. I've read they were getting gashed for big runs up the middle but that has ALWAYS been an issue for us. Even back in the Leavitt days. Rutgers, UCONN, Pitt would always run buckwild on our small team.

Well despite your opening sentence this sure sounds like excuses to me.

How bout they just flat out aren't that good. Like worse than last year.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

game got out of hand quickly, and football is all about momentum. We will get better....this team is indeed talented and this won't happen again. Players missed assignments, showed blitzes too early, and didn't fill their gaps. This is all coachable and is a learning process. When players were in the right position, they swarmed to the ball and hit people hard.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I don't want to make excuses for the defense, but lets be real here. Floyd threw 2 picks, one of which was returned for a TD. Shaw fumbled inside our own 20. Our punter kicked a ball 33 yds from our what 10 yard line? That's four opportunities right there inside our own 50 that led to points. Not to mention the numerous 3 and outs that came one after another. I'm sure the defense just got deflated and gassed at some point. I didn't get to watch the game, but I followed it on my phone so correct me if I am wrong here. I've read they were getting gashed for big runs up the middle but that has ALWAYS been an issue for us. Even back in the Leavitt days. Rutgers, UCONN, Pitt would always run buckwild on our small team.

You are correct on everything. Our offense set our defense up to fail. McNeese had 10 minutes more TOP and had 7 drives start in USF territory. We went 3-13 on 3rd down and had 3 turnovers. Defense could have played a lot better, but they had their backs against the wall the entire night thanks to our **** offense.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

Twice USF went for safe, docile hires.

It is my opinion, that DW is still stinging from the lack of credit he got for the early success of USF football.  The same sting that allowed certain people and actions lead to the departure of Leavitt.

He's not going to hire another Leavitt or Petrino or Saban.  I don't know Doug all that well, but my speculation (perhaps totally unfounded), is he is not going to hire another guy that will be the most powerful man in the building, DW wants that title.  But that's not how it works in college football - for the winners.

I am on the Bus.  I hope the best for Willie Taggart and the Bulls.  But DW started this chain reaction of events when he improperly dealt with the first big issue that came his way.  We are still feeling the effects. 

I hope CWT is the guy that can pull us out of it.  It looks tougher than ever.  My patience with CWT is solid.  The accountability for program's lack of success lies with the current most powerful man in the building - Doug Woolard.

More specifically to the Topic Title, we will learn a lot about Taggart's ability to lead in how we respond to this butt-whipping.

It can actually be a great tool and motivator for the team.  A baseline to build from.  I think we get better.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

I will join you on being against Taggart, but only next season if we are still bottom of the barrel.. I want to see how Taggart responds to this beat down. I want to see improvements on this team by the end of the season. I'm talking about improvements on attitude, and discipline. That is what will be an indicator on if this team improves or not... Some of you are acting like we are a good team. We went 3-9 last year folks, and we lost a lot of seniors and talent. Also give McNeese some credit, they were the better team out there in addition to us looking bad. I believe this loss could be the best thing that happened to this program. It's a big reality check for fans who refuse to believe just how low we've fallen in football, and it should be used as a big motivator for the players.

I am not seeing any suggestions to resolutions by anyone on this board.

ALV-SB%20K12-2009_web.jpg