• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Yuck! SportsBank Mens College Basketball Preview

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

The booty is falling out of the one on the far right

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,414
  • Days Won:  13

Hard to argue when you've got so many new pieces/variables going into this season but it's also hard to take serious a "journalist" who calls the AAC "Conference USA on steroids" ...

Maybe for football, but not basketball.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I'm just glad to be considered a member of a "power conference" again...

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

That article is so critical and straight forward that it should be used as motivation by Heath, his coaches, and players. Frankly as CBB gets closer we are going to read and hear about Heath being the next coach to be replaced, as USF will probably not be expected to do much. What David Kay mentioned in that article is the perception probably shared by most writers and commentators around CBB.

I'm not expecting Egbunu to be an inside force for USF as a freshmen because his offensive game is raw right now. I am curious about the report that Perry had gained 20lbs since HS. I thought he already was big enough, just needed to work on getting quicker and gaining explosive strength and movement.

The key for a successful season starts with improving the way the offense and defense is run. Heath hired these veteran coaches to come in and do just that. After that the odious falls to  Anthony Collins, Vic Rudd, and Zach LeDay to carry this team offensively. I would put Hawkins in that group, he has the talent, but he quit on the team the last month of the season so I have to take the wait and see approach with him. If Hawkins can live up the the hype his teammates heap on him then USF should have 4 legit scorers which should push them into the top 5 on the league.

The guy who I'm curious to see have a bounce back season is Musa Abdul Aleem. USF needs a shooter and he was suppose to be that guy. If he can stay healthy and provide somewhat of a threat from outside USF will be a very dangerous team to play against.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982

I forgot to list this article a while back(still listed as a Big East program), but something many might not know

South Florida & Marquette Best at Converting Talent into NBA Draft Picks: Ranking the Big East

In the period of our study, USF had no 5-Star or 4-Star recruits at all.  However, 9.5% of 3-Star recruits at USF were drafted into the NBA (The overall national draft rate for 3-Star recruits during this period was 3%).

https://blogs.emory.edu/sportsmarketing/2013/06/24/south-florida-marquette-best-at-converting-talent-into-nba-draft-picks-ranking-the-big-east/

Troy Holston is currently a 3-star recruit. Come and play for USF

Thinking about Heath's career, he coached his share of guys that made it to the NBA.

Ronnie Brewer

Sonny Weems

Steven Hill

Patrick Beverley

Dontell Jefferson
Dominique Jones

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

"Boring as sin"

Since when is sin boring?  usually, it is just the opposite, otherwise, no one would ever sin ;)

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

"Boring as sin"

Since when is sin boring?  usually, it is just the opposite, otherwise, no one would ever sin ;)

Now, THAT's funny! :D

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  482
  • Days Won:  1

I think we will definitely be better next year, no doubt in my mind. We'll at least crack top 100...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

"Boring as sin"

Since when is sin boring? usually, it is just the opposite, otherwise, no one would ever sin ;)

Gotcha! How ya been ol buddy?

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342

I think our biggest problem on basketball is not having a solid game plan. Not that it is a bad reflection on Heath or anything, but the team just doesn't seem to have any identity. I went to almost all of the home games last year and our strategy seemed scattered. We had absolute 0 penetration in the paint. Every play was either an alley oop or a sloppy 3-pointer. 

I feel much better about this season though. This offense will need Egbunu to play a key role. The one missing piece to our team was a good big man. He has the ability to provide that. Omog is a giant, but he doesn't seem to have any basketball knowledge whatsoever. He's working hard, but he has a looooong way to go. I hope he gets it down in the future though because a 7'3 giant can be a great asset.

I think LeDay will step up and start to be huge for us. He performed well last year. He wasn't ready to play as much as he did, but injuries forced him to and it was good experience for him.

102 is pretty low, but I can't expect people to give us breaks. I'll be renewing tickets this year as well and I look forward to a great Bulls basketball season regardless. There were some great games to watch last year. Even if it was against teams like Bowling Green and George Mason, I love rooting for my team

:iconic_u_black:  :GoBulls: