• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mathies: More rotation, wrinkles on defensive line

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

There was new info in that article. New schemes, reads, use of lineman, etc.

I am really excited to see our defense get back to smashing people in the mouth, causing fumbles, stripping the football, and interceting passes.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Love the effort, DB, but how much is there really to say about the DL other than what's already been said? We are all hoping that it is a position of strength for the Bulls this year, but they have work to do.

It's football!  Is it better to spend ten pages discussing whether CWT and his staff should be fired before ever coaching one game?

Hey, I'm with you.  I'm ready as anyone for football to start.  I'd rather discuss the team also.

Yes, there was new info in there, and people interested in responding, like me, Hem, Gismo, etc. did.  Is there more about the DL to talk about?  I don't know.  Someone posted something about communication to the media from the team, that was something.  Hopefully more topics can be brought up for discussion.  

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  581
  • Days Won:  0

I think the comment about Luke playing 70 snaps a game was very telling.  Last year's D-Coordinator (what was his name again?????) was in over his head adapting to what schemes we already run.

I, too, am excited for football season.  With a relatively young secondary, I am nervous about their inability to cover over the middle and the dump passes (not so concerned about the deep balls), but am very intrigued by the variation schemes...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Pictures are worth 1000 words, and I am READY for some pictures on my TV screen

Is it Aug 31 yet???????????????????????

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Great article, makes me want to hear more out of Mathies--the guy shoots straight, and ya gotta love the guy that says it like it is. That means he's not pumping them full of sunshine and rainbows, but looking to actually develop them into smash-mouth bruisers and telling the "other" guys to get with it! Well, at least let's hope so, I miss the old days of JPP doing backflips after a great sack!