• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Announces Game Times, Channels For Early Season Games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

But you still need an account with a participating ISP to get access.

My ISP doesn't participate, and isn't likely to anytime soon. Not sure what I'm going to do this fall. :(

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Quite a few ISP's don't participate in ESPN3 and the quality can be really shoddy...plus you have to watch the same commercial 900 times during a game! ESPN3 = 0 exposure.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

So does this mean every game will be on one outlet or another?  Even McNeese St is on ESPN3.  I don't think that was the case in the past.

This, A game like this would have been on Bullscast only in the past.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Sat., Aug. 31 McNeese State at USF 7:00 p.m. ESPN3 Sat., Sep. 14 Florida Atlantic at USF 7:00 p.m. ESPN3

I mean..  can you blame them? Those are not exciting games.

Sat., Sep. 7 USF at Michigan State 12:00 p.m. ESPN2 or ESPNU Thu., Oct. 31 USF at Houston 7:00 p.m. ESPN Fri., Nov. 29 USF at UCF TBA ABC, ESPN or ESPN2

Those are fair. Granted I wish we didn't have to play on Thursday either but at least it is televised, and we get good face time while everyone is with family drinking beer and eating turkey leftovers while the ladies are out shopping.

I know overall the AAC television schedule sucks but so far it seems decent for USF. We (and the rest of the AAC) Just need to go out there an win, that will draw the attention. 

Quite a few ISP's don't participate in ESPN3 and the quality can be really shoddy...plus you have to watch the same commercial 900 times during a game! ESPN3 = 0 exposure.

ESPN3 often has games in HD when ESPN Gameplan only carries SD games (unless they change that this year). I'd say 9 out of 10 games they carry are in HD. I have no issues at all with ESPN3, especially when I watch it on my XBox 360. Now if you have a subpar internet connection, any streaming would be difficult. And yes, thousands watch games on ESPN3. They've sold 75+ million XBoxs and that ESPN app is free so I'd imagine that is a huge platform of views there alone.

As for numbers carrying ISPs, about 10% of the U.S. ISPs have access, and I'd say over 50% of the largest ISPs carry it.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

ESPN3 often has games in HD when ESPN Gameplan only carries SD games (unless they change that this year). I'd say 9 out of 10 games they carry are in HD. I have no issues at all with ESPN3, especially when I watch it on my XBox 360. Now if you have a subpar internet connection, any streaming would be difficult. And yes, thousands watch games on ESPN3. They've sold 75+ million XBoxs and that ESPN app is free so I'd imagine that is a huge platform of views there alone.

As for numbers carrying ISPs, about 10% of the U.S. ISPs have access, and I'd say over 50% of the largest ISPs carry it.

It's better than nothing...if you are like me however and your internet connection is shoddy at best, it can be a pain.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  924
  • Days Won:  1

I thought that only the basketball contract starts for this upcoming here. I believe we are still on the old Big East football contract. The new formats begin for the 2014 season. 

It's better than nothing...if you are like me however and your internet connection is shoddy at best, it can be a pain.

I have Dish and when I was buying ESPN GamePlan it was like watching a bad YouTube video. Like 360p on an HD TV.

If you have shoddy internet connection, report it to the FCC. The government wants everyone to have a solid connection because of all the benefits it brings such as distance education, commerce, etc..

http://www.fcc.gov/complaints

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,634
  • Days Won:  3

Probably sound like I just crawled out from under a rock, but will Brighthouse not be carrying any games this year?  If so, I will finally make the move to Fios.

Probably sound like I just crawled out from under a rock, but will Brighthouse not be carrying any games this year?  If so, I will finally make the move to Fios.

Neither are ESPN3 affiliates so it looks like you will need to buy ESPN GamePlan from whichever you go choose.