• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Josh Black, OLB, Sickles HS, Tampa

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  182
  • Days Won:  2

We're never full when it comes to kids that can play MLB. Black is a great high school LB, and has the frame and toughness to play MLB in a year or two for us. The reason why his offer list is lacking has NOTHING to do with his play and everything to do with his grades.

Most schools don't think that he will make it in. We are one of the few (only?) (former) BCS schools recruiting him, so Coach T must thing he will have a chance of becoming eligible.

I really hope we get him because he can be a three year starter here, but I think it's going to be Marshall.

Edited by Vroomy

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

I really like this kids film and think he's a must get if we can land him. With his size, speed and athleticism he could be a great player for us either as an OLB or WDE, he really has a nose for finding the ball carrier. Who knows maybe Coach Bres implements different packages next year and utilizes our athletes more to play fast like he's been alluding to. We're going to be loaded with athletes on the defensive side of the ball next year and that should help against some of the offenses we'll face in our conference. 

Also, I remember hearing that recruiting analysts have said that Juwan Brown is too slow to play OLB and Bayes obviously needs to bulk up, so technically we don't have any OLB's, since Bayes could also end up somewhere else? If you look at our roster all of our OLB are really lite for that position and Black would be a good sized Sam LB w/ the potential to be a down lineman if necessary. 

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  178
  • Days Won:  0

Bayes will be an OLBer.  I saw a picture of this kid in USF gear on twitter yesterday. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Josh Black will be visiting Minnesota this w/e. He will likely still be thawing during summer camp

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Josh had offers from Arizona, USF, Minnesota and Iowa State and chose Marshall. It must be grade issues. If we don't land Jackson, then I'll be slightly disappointed.

JB may be JUCO bound. It seems Marshall is taking commits from everyone that can't get in anywhere else. These guys can't qualify.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

JB may be JUCO bound. It seems Marshall is taking commits from everyone that can't get in anywhere else. These guys can't qualify.

Miami was trying to get him in this weekend for a visit... Say what you want about UM but if grades were an issue they wouldn't be sniffing.

Why is there no press on this anywhere? I see the changes on scouts  and rivals profiles, but that's it. 247 doesn't show a commit