• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is why I was so glad we were done with Tinmen

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

20K UCF fans in the stands?? DB, why you trollin'?

I live in reality, man.  In any case, do you expect more Rutgers fans to fly down to Tampa or UCF fans drive one hour to Tampa?

We've already seen that UCF will bring more fans than Rutgers.... so I guess by that logic, FSU is a bigger rival ... and one of their fans said something bad to me after they beat us so that also fits your criteria as a rival.

No, because they are on a different socioeconomic plane than we are.  We aren't competing with them for anything, unless someone thinks we are a championship contender in the next couple of years.  Think we aren't competing with UCF anymore?

Absolutely we are competing with UCF now, for a conference championship, along with SMU, Houston, ECU, et al. They are definitely a rival in that context ... but you're trying to pass this off as Auburn/Alabama.

Reality is reality.

The fact that you think CWT would be in deep doodoo if he goes 36-3 over a 3 year span but those losses being to UCF tells me your reality is wackadoodle ...

• Upvote 1

All the chatter in this thread reinforces the idea that these two schools are rivals.  Aside from the outside world wanting to make this a rivalry, I think some of you are in so deep you dont even recognize this mutual hatred and lack of respect as exactly what constitutes a real rivalry.  The only thing missing is enough history to create the memorable games, plays and events to become legend.

Trying to set yourself apart from your shadow doesnt make it go away.

THAT'S what makes a real rivalry like the ones here pushing so hard are trying to make this sound like ... and it will probably get there ... but how in the heck can you have that kind of rivalry right now if you haven't played in 5 years?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

Not stirring the pot CPR, just reading this thread and wondering where some of your fans are coming. Sure, you're 4-0. But that doesn't mean crap anymore. It's 0-0 as conference mates now, in my eyes. And yes, we may have a chance to beat USF this season and countless more to come. And UCF, the AAC and Gator honks like Bianchi will go above and beyond to make sure the national perception of USF tags them as arch rivals to UCF, for as long as we're in the same conference. Sounds good?

Being conference mates means jack. Talent wise we are head and shoulders above the golden knights, and the "rivalry" will continue to be lopsided.

Haha!! That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. USF hasn't got squat this year. You're little transfer QB from Penn State had one other offer from Rice. You've no RBs and defense is suspect at best. You got few good solid last minute recruits, but they can't be evaluated yet. Our last game was five years ago and last year you were 3-9 and would have maybe been 6-6 in CUSA.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Not stirring the pot CPR, just reading this thread and wondering where some of your fans are coming. Sure, you're 4-0. But that doesn't mean crap anymore. It's 0-0 as conference mates now, in my eyes. And yes, we may have a chance to beat USF this season and countless more to come. And UCF, the AAC and Gator honks like Bianchi will go above and beyond to make sure the national perception of USF tags them as arch rivals to UCF, for as long as we're in the same conference. Sounds good?

Being conference mates means jack. Talent wise we are head and shoulders above the golden knights, and the "rivalry" will continue to be lopsided.

Haha!! That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. USF hasn't got squat this year. You're little transfer QB from Penn State had one other offer from Rice. You've no RBs and defense is suspect at best. You got few good solid last minute recruits, but they can't be evaluated yet. Our last game was five years ago and last year you were 3-9 and would have maybe been 6-6 in CUSA.

LOLOLOLOLOL  coming from the C-USA conference champions in 2007 that got 64 points hung on them against USF.  None of that stuff means anything come game time, but I like the Bulls (obviously) mostly due to the sheer inferiority complex you guys have working against you when you'll play us.  

See ya in November.  

• Upvote 1

The one good thing about this thread is it will be the perfect dumping ground for posts from this board if they start infesting threads they have no business being on ...  B)

Sure, you're 4-0. But that doesn't mean crap anymore. It's 0-0 as conference mates now, in my eyes. 

How convenient.  Discard history when it's not on your side.  

:loser:

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Sure, you're 4-0. But that doesn't mean crap anymore. It's 0-0 as conference mates now, in my eyes. 

How convenient.  Discard history when it's not on your side.  

:loser:

Funny how this dude seems to think they have a chance at the conference title. He forgets that his team severely lacks the talent of the 5 leftovers for this season. They aren't playing the UTEPs and Rices this year to inflate their win total. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Pretty sure our recruiting class was STILL better than yours off of a 3-9 year and a new coach coming in...don't know where your Cent. Florida logic comes in to play on that one. Those ESPN articles must really be blowing your ego up, can't wait for the meltdown.

USF #49

C. Florida #73

The one good thing about this thread is it will be the perfect dumping ground for posts from this board if they start infesting threads they have no business being on ...  B)

That's one of two good things ... the other is that Bulls fans, divided as we can be about all different kinds of issues, unite when it comes to putting these clowns in their place.  

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

Y'all talk talent separation and lopsided victories. The 2007 game was a beat down, no doubt, but the last time we played in 2008, went into OT with USF's Grothe at the helm and UCF finished 4-8 that year. But that's the past, we'll have to see what happens this year. Honestly, I think the AAC is Louisville's to lose, followed by Rutgers. With the rest being old CUSA and Temple, I see UCF at 7-8 wins. Hope one of them is vs USF to get that monkey off our backs. Marshall was 3-0 vs UCF while we were in the MAC, but has gone 0-8 vs UCF since we both joined CUSA. Things change. But it's all in good fun. See ya in November.