• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is why I was so glad we were done with Tinmen

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

Well, then, sounds like you might have a rivlary with some of those teams you were able to beat. Good luck!

Nice!

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Well, then, sounds like you might have a rivlary with some of those teams you were able to beat.  Good luck!

:lmao:

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Right now UCF is Marshall. Win more than one and they can start with the rivalry talk, but even then it needs to be more established, have a few years where a championship is on the line

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

How stupid do you guys think Taggart is?  Do you really think he doesn't realize a school 80 miles away and also fighting to be relevant in Florida wouldn't have a rivalry between the fan bases?  Do you really think he has been at USF for five months and no one at the schools has mentioned the history between the two schools, and how the students needle each other all the time?

He knows exactly what UCF thinks of the games between the two schools, and his comments were 100% purposeful.  To think otherwise is to think Taggart is a complete imbecile.  He is either downplaying the "rivalry" because he doesn't want it to be a big deal if we lose, or his downplaying the "rivalry" because he doesn't want USF to be defined by it.  Since he has said over and over we back down to no one, I have to believe that he is either trying to aggravate UCF by pretending it is no big deal, or he is trying to keep a distance between the two schools.  Give everything we have seen over the years from Genshaft/Woolard, I think it is a safe bet it is the latter on orders from above.

Given that Genshaft/Woolard came out with some joined at the hip ******** with the Kaniggits not that long ago, it's laughable to think that they'd be ordering CWT to keep a distance from them now. He's had a helluvalot more on his plate to worry about since he got here than a "rival" we haven't played in 5 years. His quote was perfect and there's little doubt he meant exactly what he said.

Seriously?

Come on.   You really think that what they say in public is the same thing as they say in private?  You are smarter than that, Trip.  This is the perfect scenario.  They are the dignified upper management that says all the right things.  Then they have the wild and crazy football coach act like he doesn't care about UCF at all.  This is all posturing.

How stupid do you guys think Taggart is?  Do you really think he doesn't realize a school 80 miles away and also fighting to be relevant in Florida wouldn't have a rivalry between the fan bases?  Do you really think he has been at USF for five months and no one at the schools has mentioned the history between the two schools, and how the students needle each other all the time?

He knows exactly what UCF thinks of the games between the two schools, and his comments were 100% purposeful.  To think otherwise is to think Taggart is a complete imbecile.  He is either downplaying the "rivalry" because he doesn't want it to be a big deal if we lose, or his downplaying the "rivalry" because he doesn't want USF to be defined by it.  Since he has said over and over we back down to no one, I have to believe that he is either trying to aggravate UCF by pretending it is no big deal, or he is trying to keep a distance between the two schools.  Give everything we have seen over the years from Genshaft/Woolard, I think it is a safe bet it is the latter on orders from above.

I don't think anyone has made any judgments about Taggart.

Anyone who thinks that Taggart doesn't realize it would be a disaster to lose to UCF consistently by definition thinks Taggart is clueless.

• Upvote 1

This!!

He knows UCF is constantly up our asses and this is actually a great gig of the Golden Showers by our coach. You know his comments pissed off any UCFer that read them.

Not only that, but as long as we are undefeated in the series, we should look upon those scrubs as exactly that. Count me in on the thought train that says he knew exactly what he was saying.

This!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Given that Genshaft/Woolard came out with some joined at the hip ******** with the Kaniggits not that long ago, it's laughable to think that they'd be ordering CWT to keep a distance from them now. He's had a helluvalot more on his plate to worry about since he got here than a "rival" we haven't played in 5 years. His quote was perfect and there's little doubt he meant exactly what he said.

Seriously?

Come on.   You really think that what they say in public is the same thing as they say in private?  You are smarter than that, Trip.  This is the perfect scenario.  They are the dignified upper management that says all the right things.  Then they have the wild and crazy football coach act like he doesn't care about UCF at all.  This is all posturing.

CWT has been talking about national championships since he got here and playing anyone, any itme. His reaction to that inquiry was exactly what his natural reaction would be .... if he's indeed taking orders from higher ups on something as trivial as that is, I'd be very very disappointed .... but I'm 99% sure it was all on his own.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

I don't think anyone has made any judgments about Taggart.

Anyone who thinks that Taggart doesn't realize it would be a disaster to lose to UCF consistently by definition thinks Taggart is clueless.

Has anyone said or implied that other than Bianchi?  And maybe that's your point?

Not sure how this devolved into a discussion about Taggart.  I'm not sure that's necessary.  The original point is the article's stance that "the fans" want it (mostly UCF and Bianchi) and therefore, it's a "rivalry" and by golly you USFers know it (and if not, you should) and better accept it.  Just a bunch of whiny little _____ as someone said earlier in this thread.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

Bianchi doesn't speak for UCF. He's a Gator fan that writes reaction articles for college fanbases, feeds the Tebow apologists, and his terrible NBA articles don't help the Magic retain or attract free agents. He occasionally makes good points but he belongs on Bleacher Report.

Taggart has come off as too arrogant and if the wins don't come early he's setting himself up to be in a bad spot and have your fanbase turn on him a lot faster than Holtz. I think his perspective will change after the first game at UCF and a full season coaching outside the Sun Belt.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Taggart has come off as too arrogant and if the wins don't come early he's setting himself up to be in a bad spot and have your fanbase turn on him a lot faster than Holtz. I think his perspective will change after the first game at UCF and a full season coaching outside the Sun Belt.

That might be a wee bit arrogant.

We are expecting tough times, not early wins - at least those of us that have paid attention to the destruction over the last few years.