• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Shopping at an outlet mall in Phoenix

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,075
  • Days Won:  469

With kids and wife and saw this book in the Book Warehouse store. Sad story, but will be reading. ze7e4u5u.jpgy7uduny9.jpg

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

I remember this and it reminded of the time I went out and almost never came back in my 21' CC with my wife. Hauled it down from GA in the Spring, it rained and stormed all week. So frustrated we couldn;t go out, so late in the week when it stopped raining we went out in 8-10 foot rollers. Almost capsized going out New Pass in Bradenton. Almost fell overboard half way to Big Pass. We were in a following sea and the boat would speed up on the large waves. Thought we were goners when we hit the sand bar north of Big Pass and the engine stalled. I actually had Sea Tow on standby going back into Big Pass. Got back into the ICW and was pretty shaken that I almost killed myself and my wife. The Gulf and mother nature can get you if you aren't careful.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

$6.99, that's too much for an outlet mall!

Bill Bleakley, most people on here will probably say, "Who dat?"

If you watch Man vs. Wild, that guy will teach you everything about survival:

1) Drink your own urine!

2) Eat animal pooh to get nutrition!

GO BULLS!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

Remember it ... Sad.

I read the entire book the evening I bought it.

It answers some questions, but creates others.

Hard to put the book down. Tragic situation.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

I read the entire book the evening I bought it.

It answers some questions, but creates others.

Hard to put the book down. Tragic situation.

I remember when it first came out, the father of one of the victims said he would never accept the story as written, his son would never just jump off, who knows

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

The real problem comes from lack of torque and  ...Non-fuel injected engines are a killer in rought seas.....

You need torque to hold speed and direction..to go up and down...and .not flounder..or go broadside....engines need to respond when you adjust the throttle...

non fuel injected engines are prone to starvation/flooding. and stopping ...not good in rough seas....

If you dont know or do not have a sea anchor read up and get one...it can be a life saver...it will hold the bow into the wind  if you have power loss...make sure to have enough line out when deployed...

Be smart...not brave.. watch the wave direction,  try to reach shore   not necesarrily the inlet...watch the cloud formations, study weather paterns..Do Not push the envelope..Epirbs are cheap now ...get the good one...

Make sure you have gps and radio to report your position...  The Coast Guard has lots of  watts you do not.. their antennas are better and might hear you when you cannot hear them...

The best part of being old is being able to pick any day of the week to go out fishing.. 

I regulary went 40-50 miles out in the gulf by myself...know your limitations...discression is the better part of valor..

Be Safe..

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

It's sad to think that such a young football program as ours has former players who have passed away. Almost all of our former players should be under 40 years old (I can think of 2 possible exceptions, Ron Johsnon and Steve Riggs).

I can think of 6 who have passed away, and I'm probably unaware of 1 or 2 more.

I didn't really know Will, but I sold tickets to his parents. They are good people who gave a lot of support to USF Football, even after Will was done playing. They may even still have their tickets, but I don't know.

The real problem comes from lack of torque and  ...Non-fuel injected engines are a killer in rought seas.....

You need torque to hold speed and direction..to go up and down...and .not flounder..or go broadside....engines need to respond when you adjust the throttle...

non fuel injected engines are prone to starvation/flooding. and stopping ...not good in rough seas....

If you dont know or do not have a sea anchor read up and get one...it can be a life saver...it will hold the bow into the wind  if you have power loss...make sure to have enough line out when deployed...

Be smart...not brave.. watch the wave direction,  try to reach shore   not necesarrily the inlet...watch the cloud formations, study weather paterns..Do Not push the envelope..Epirbs are cheap now ...get the good one...

Make sure you have gps and radio to report your position...  The Coast Guard has lots of  watts you do not.. their antennas are better and might hear you when you cannot hear them...

The best part of being old is being able to pick any day of the week to go out fishing.. 

I regulary went 40-50 miles out in the gulf by myself...know your limitations...discression is the better part of valor..

Be Safe..

Go Bulls

According to Schuyler's account, the problem was the anchor.  It was stuck.  They tied the rope to the stern and let her rip, thereby capsizing the boat.