• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let's talk about the QB position

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I feel a tin cup reference coming on

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Ok we all know about "butterflies" payers get hit , get rid of the jitters and get in the Groove...We just can't afford that with a QB...

Its like tryiing to kick a 50 yard field goal .. if you miss at 40 yards during the game it's hard to go to 45 and 50. he will not get in the groove...

Some players can't handle the pressure and every hill becomes a mountain...If snaps are missed in the spring game what about a real game???

Go Bulls

It's technique. We are talking about a guy that never took a snap under center before he got to college.

You can't learn how to be taller, you can learn how to take a snap.

If he did not learn how to take a snap with the previous coaches teaching him.... is it their fault ...or his???

It will take a lot for me to get rid om MY JITTERS with him in there..

I realy don't want to take the risk unless its the lesser of all evils..

Um, that's kind of the point. RIght now you have a walk-on senior, a RS Sophmore with one correctable issue, and a true freshman that hasn't even been on a college practice field. Unless that changes, one of those guys is going to have to step up. White will be trying to drink from a fire hose, and a summer of practice isn't suddenly going to make Eveld's arm stronger or more accurate.

Of all the scenarios, taking a snap is the easiest thing to fix. Will it get fixed? I don't know. But he isn't the first QB with this problem and won't be the last. And it's been fixed before. The Steve Blass comparison is ridiculous.

Explain why Steve Blass doesn't apply here? The only way it wouldn't is if you're saying Matt never could take a snap in the first place and therefore didn't lose the skill all of a sudden.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Ok we all know about "butterflies" payers get hit , get rid of the jitters and get in the Groove...We just can't afford that with a QB...

Its like tryiing to kick a 50 yard field goal .. if you miss at 40 yards during the game it's hard to go to 45 and 50. he will not get in the groove...

Some players can't handle the pressure and every hill becomes a mountain...If snaps are missed in the spring game what about a real game???

Go Bulls

It's technique. We are talking about a guy that never took a snap under center before he got to college.

If he did not learn how to take a snap with the previous coaches teaching him.... is it their fault ...or his???

Um, that's kind of the point. RIght now you have a walk-on senior, a RS Sophmore with one correctable issue, and a true freshman that hasn't even been on a college practice field. Unless that changes, one of those guys is going to have to step up. White will be trying to drink from a fire hose, and a summer of practice isn't suddenly going to make Eveld's arm stronger or more accurate.

Of all the scenarios, taking a snap is the easiest thing to fix. Will it get fixed? I don't know. But he isn't the first QB with this problem and won't be the last. And it's been fixed before. The Steve Blass comparison is ridiculous.

Explain why Steve Blass doesn't apply here? The only way it wouldn't is if you're saying Matt never could take a snap in the first place and therefore didn't lose the skill all of a sudden.

I guess you've missed the fact that Floyd did not play under center in high school.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Go Bulls

I guess you've missed the fact that Floyd did not play under center in high school.

So the second part then. Instead of him overcoming a mental block, we're trying to teach him an entirely new skill before the first game.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

CWT trying to grab EVERY available transferring QB should tell you enough about our QB situation. Despite what he says on record, neither Floyd nor Eveld can hack it and he's looking for a QB that can.

This. Taggart's interest in qb's who could play this season should tell you something is terribly wrong at the position. Stop, step away and look at what you're doing. You're arguing about hoping a kid can take snaps consistently so he can potentially lead this team.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

So the second part then. Instead of him overcoming a mental block, we're trying to teach him an entirely new skill before the first game

J true and I are rowing in the same direction on this one...

The more I think about his performance and snaps the more I worry...If he had played 60 minutes and had plenty of snaps that would be one thing...but the ratio of fumble's to snaps is horrible.. and they are in rapid sucession.....Which leads me to think its 100% on his mind and he  still can't get it straightened out......

USF need a QB that is trainable/teachable   If his mind on fumbles and snaps we will not get to lesson two...

We have limmited resources and should use the resources wisely...Lets get a transfer in and use our resources to train better potential..

Let him play and get on the field in another position..but not at QB...

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Yeah, and Harbaugh should have never used that Kaepernick guy again after fumbling those snaps...

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Those two combined aren't as talented as Kapernick, but carry on.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

I just get the feeling with Floyd that he's just not improving. He's not progressing. I think I have definitely seen accusations EARLY in his career of not being focused, being too lax. I'm not getting a sense that this has changed, whether that's accurate or not.