• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brandon Mitchell QB Arkansas Immed elig in fall

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

graduating, lotta arm, big, fast 22 of 32 in limited action

should we go after him?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

This could be plan "B" or "M"  

Go

Bulls

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I like him. Hey, this is our 3rd possibility for a transfers QB this summer!

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Here's his profile.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/arkansas/football/recruiting/player-Brandon-Mitchell-68846

Heck, let's get this guy in for a visit.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Go after all QB's! I decided.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

We've gotta get ONE of these guys....right?....right?

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

I like him. Hey, this is our 3rd possibility for a transfers QB this summer!

Is he even interested in transfering here?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Some more tape if you guys want. Evidently he did some nice work against Missouri State and New Mexico in 2011.

Starting at about the 2:50 mark of this video, Mitchell is in the game instead of Tyler Wilson. But then around 3:50, he's out again. Then at 7:24 he's back in.

Then here's the New Mexico game. Starting around 5:31 is when Mitchell comes in.

Here's a double reverse TD pass from Mitchell against Auburn. Hell of a throw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsq1AZXg2lQ

The positives are kind of obvious. This guy's huge, strong, fast and has a strong arm. I like his posture, his execution's not bad, his feet aren't bad. Obviously he can make some nice throws. The big question is why he's not starting now that Tyler Wilson is gone.

I will say this. There are some shared fundamentals when it comes to that Petrino offense and Willie Taggart's offense he brings from Stanford. And if Jim Harbaugh has managed to impress upon Willie Taggart his methods of evaluating quarterbacks, then Willie Taggart is going to come off very interested in Brandon Mitchell.

How the hell does Brandon Mitchell have the misfortunate of having only played sparingly in college, having only played more than a few snaps in a total of four games, but two of those four games are Alabama? Raise your hand if you'd struggle against Alabama. (Everyone in college football, and half the QBs in pro football raise their hand).

Against Alabama he's 3 of 12 for 43 yards, 0 TDs and 1 INT with 9 runs for 7 yards and 0 TDs. He did contribute 1 catch for 5 yards in 2012. Against everyone else, he's 22 of 31 for 289 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, 14 runs for 68 yards and 2 TDs. Oh and he also had 16 catches for 268 yards.

I'm sold. I think I like this guy even better than Steven Bench. Especially since he's more of a SHORT TERM option. If I'm Willie Taggart I'm still out there trying to recruit my butt off and find myself the next great QB. You bring in a Steven Bench who could potentially play here the next 3 years, there's 2 years of overlap between him and whatever hot shot recruit you're able to hang your hat on in 2014. With a Brandon Mitchell there's less overlap.

Plus, the guy's a graduate. Call me old fashioned. I like that.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Here's a bunch of Arkansas players going on record about who the best athlete on the team is. Tyler Wilson stupidly nominates himself as far as being a guy that can play and compete in any game or sport, but admits that as far as raw athletes go he thinks Cobi Hamilton, Ronnie Wingo and Knile Davis.

Cobi Hamilton also nominates himself, but admits that Brandon Mitchell "may have an argument with me".

Chris Smith and Chris Gragg are unabashed about it, they think Brandon Mitchell is the guy. Chris Gragg by the way, one HELL of an impressive athlete himself. He might have been my choice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwgFrway97k

Watch a young Brandon Mitchell interview after making some big plays in the 2010 Red-White spring game. Doesn't he remind you of someone?!? How hilarious is that, lol. Full circle.

By the way. He's a basketball star. Just FYI. That's one of the reasons his teammates consistently cite him as best all around athlete.

Here's two big catches he had against Kentucky. Almost danced the sideline well enough on one for the touchdown. At 2:29 in the video, and again at 3:41.

Spring game results:

2013:  12 of 17 for 138 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 2 runs for -3 yards and 0 TD

2012:  11 of 17 for 102 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 5 runs for -12 yards and 1 TD