• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deatrick Nichols, CB, Miami Central HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I began the one man campaign to get DN ranked by 247 tonight. . it will get loud before it get's quiet. You guys believe me don't you? It's time to quit letting big media call ALL the shots. Anyone who wants to support defeating the injustice, twitter handle is @billreef. They are screwing with a young man's future. I really don't think they want this fight.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I began the one man campaign to get DN ranked by 247 tonight. . it will get loud before it get's quiet. You guys believe me don't you? It's time to quit letting big media call ALL the shots. Anyone who wants to support defeating the injustice, twitter handle is @billreef. They are screwing with a young man's future. I really don't think they want this fight.

How exactly are they screwing with his future??

• Upvote 1

By not ranking him, despite having seen him play, literally hundreds of times, they keep him from presenting his credentials on a fair and equal basis.. This isn't about me. Support the kid. Even if he wants to jump ship and pursue another opportunity, support the kid. This ranking gamesmanship is egregious and corrupt. If the kid isn't getting ranked because they are trying to keep us at a certain level wouldn't you agree that that is inherently unfair to the SA? The evidence is this case is overwhelming.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I thought we were all in agreement that stars don't matter and we trust CWT's opinion over some Internet nerds?

I thought we were all in agreement that stars don't matter and we trust CWT's opinion over some Internet nerds?

I know better, even u know better. It's the kid and  the less informed that get sucked in. Not to mention that it creates a media bias for bigger programs. It's propaganda plain and simple.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

By not ranking him, despite having seen him play, literally hundreds of times, they keep him from presenting his credentials on a fair and equal basis.. This isn't about me. Support the kid. Even if he wants to jump ship and pursue another opportunity, support the kid. This ranking gamesmanship is egregious and corrupt. If the kid isn't getting ranked because they are trying to keep us at a certain level wouldn't you agree that that is inherently unfair to the SA? The evidence is this case is overwhelming.

Has there been a response when they're asked why he doesn't have a ranking yet? ..... But to be honest, looking at his offer list, I don't see where that matters. He's got offers from some pretty prestigious college football programs if he chooses to change his mind .... His future path right now includes an education at a pretty good school near and dear to our hearts and the chance to possibly be in on the ground floor of something special football wise here. Sorry but I just don't see the angst over this .... but do what you feel you gotta do. 

Has there been a response when they're asked why he doesn't have a ranking yet? ..... But to be honest, looking at his offer list, I don't see where that matters. He's got offers from some pretty prestigious college football programs if he chooses to change his mind .... His future path right now includes an education at a pretty good school near and dear to our hearts and the chance to possibly be in on the ground floor of something special football wise here. Sorry but I just don't see the angst over this .... but do what you feel you gotta do. 

I've been asking politely for a couple of weeks now and haven't heard a peep. To be honest. I think this one is all about us. If DN was to receive a correct ranking of high 3 stars, let's say, It would elevate us into the sub 30 recruiting class territory. Unheard of and unacceptable for a team not in the p5. Nichols is collateral damage to them. But almost a more egregious foul because of that. They are willing to suborn him in order to demote us. I am just sick of their belief that they can do whatever they like with impunity. I think all of you know how pugnacious I can be when hanging on to something I believe in. Quite simply, I am appalled by this and will pursue it until they quit doing it. I will make them famous if they insist. I would ask that (leaving any past differences aside) anyone who can communicate with them, transmit the seriousness of my intent and if you believe what I do, EXPRESS YOUR SUPPORT. Please do so now.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

This is just on scout though right? He's already a 3* on rivals. Why not let this year play out and see where they put him. I'm surprised that they have all these kids ranked before playing their first senior year game anyway. I understand that Nichols has been playing varsity as a freshman, but you'd think they'd wait awhile before ranking all these kids. They're all ranked by February, when it really matters. Either way he's a heck of a CB. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

I honestly can't remember which radio station it was, but I'm pretty sure it was 98.7.

Coach Taggart told the guy and now I'm quoting loosely "I don't put too much into star rankings, I want guys that want to come to USF, play our style of football and do what we ask of them on and off the field."

"Our jobs, as coaches, is to take a these so called 2 or 3 star recruits and turn them into a 5 star caliber player"

Bullwinkle, I know that you're concerned because the recruits, in this case Deatrick Nichols, do care about their rankings. 

If you look at the offfer list this guy has, it's impressive, I think he knows as well as other coaches that he's better than the no ranking he has on which ever site or sites you're upset about.

As far as the theroy, that they intentionally rank our guys lower to keep us out of a Top 30 or even higher class, how does that benefit the recruiting site or sites?

The last few years of Bobby Bowden, FSU had Top 10 if not Top 5 recruiting classes.  How did that turn out? They ran the man that put that program on the map straight out of town!

I think we can agree that Standford has been pretty succesful over the past 4 or 5 seasons and not one of those seasons did they have a Top 10 or even Top 20 recruiting class.

Why do they have a vendetta against USF, do they do this to other schools not in the "Power 5"??

Edited by dznick51