• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Come support your USF Bulls tonight!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

At both locations they came around afterwards and greeted all the fans who came by to see them.

It was a good idea, maybe just needed to be executed a little better.

You say come from 6-8. We got there at 6:15 and had dinner, even dragged it out a bit to see if they'd say anything. Left about 7:30. I will say coach Cooper seems very animated. I saw him at the open practice too and he seems like a good guy to have onboard.

Agreed. I think it was more of a last min Green vs. White kinda thing than anything else. Hope we get some people out to see the spring game tomorrow. Would think a lot of people will want to see Taggart's schemes in action.

But, if you're going to ask fans to come out and support the team, try and give them a little more notice. More people will show up.

Hem asked fans to come out and support the team.  USF did not, they didn't do it last minute.  Not trying to be a smart ass, but this sounds like something they just wanted to happen and had no intention of making a fan support initiative.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

It was pushed decently hard on twitter and a bit on facebook by both players and USF Athletics.

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

At both locations they came around afterwards and greeted all the fans who came by to see them.

It was a good idea, maybe just needed to be executed a little better.

You say come from 6-8. We got there at 6:15 and had dinner, even dragged it out a bit to see if they'd say anything. Left about 7:30. I will say coach Cooper seems very animated. I saw him at the open practice too and he seems like a good guy to have onboard.

Agreed. I think it was more of a last min Green vs. White kinda thing than anything else. Hope we get some people out to see the spring game tomorrow. Would think a lot of people will want to see Taggart's schemes in action.

But, if you're going to ask fans to come out and support the team, try and give them a little more notice. More people will show up.

Hem asked fans to come out and support the team.  USF did not, they didn't do it last minute.  Not trying to be a smart ass, but this sounds like something they just wanted to happen and had no intention of making a fan support initiative.

He mentioned it on here, but they were vocal about it via Facebook and Twitter about 24 hours before the events.

Well that is silly then. Especially the assumption that the sole way to reach fans is twitter and fbook. I'll be missing many an invite since I frequent neither. The fact that I may "follow" a number of their many twitter handles doesn't guarantee I'll be aware. It's a cheap and lazy way to communicate with certain demos. If that's the main way of communicating with fans, yeah, it needs to be timely too. Like their emails can be, late is not the recipe for success.

Well that is silly then. Especially the assumption that the sole way to reach fans is twitter and fbook. I'll be missing many an invite since I frequent neither. The fact that I may "follow" a number of their many twitter handles doesn't guarantee I'll be aware. It's a cheap and lazy way to communicate with certain demos. If that's the main way of communicating with fans, yeah, it needs to be timely too. Like their emails can be, late is not the recipe for success.

It would have been cool if they incorperated this with 'USF Week'. What about a cookout on USF's campus instead with students and alumni that want to come? I bet it would have been cheaper and more interactive than having at restaurants. And if you want to have the teams seperate, have one team have hot dogs on an IM field and the other have burgers on MLK plaza or something. Oh, and maybe some more advance notice. Maybe next year!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

It would have been cool if they incorperated this with 'USF Week'. What about a cookout on USF's campus instead with students and alumni that want to come? I bet it would have been cheaper and more interactive than having at restaurants. And if you want to have the teams seperate, have one team have hot dogs on an IM field and the other have burgers on MLK plaza or something. Oh, and maybe some more advance notice. Maybe next year!

Excellent idea!

+1 to you.

Edited by dogma

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

ctbrown for AD

Stampeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeede!!

ctbrown for AD

But does he have experience leading a football program? Oh, wait.

ctbrown for AD

But does he have experience leading a football program? Oh, wait.

Does NCAA 13 count?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I just built a championship team in Alaska from scratch in 3 years in NCAA 13. Can I put that on my résumé?