• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

brett m is now a superstar at espn

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Entitlement?

:)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Entitlement?

:)

Thought you'd like that ....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Brett is a great reporter, I miss him at USF.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

He rode the "sources say" ladder straight to the inventors of the phrase. He does seem to get some good contacts, but why people seem to leak information to him, many of us will never understand.

$$$$?

Really?

You think Brett pays for info?

Doubtful. Journalism doesn't pay that much.

He must just have a nose for the gossip mongers that can't keep a secret. This isn't info he's prying out of somebody, it's info that someone just can't keep to themselves, or info a few hours from being announced publicly, and he knows how to find those people ...

Funny thing is, that's usually the mark of a good journalist.  I think it's the "vendetta" against USF that has everyone up in arms about him.  

Maybe it's what's passing for "journalism" these days. The majority of what the BM appears to have been doing for awhile is just trying to "break" news that will be made public shortly anyway .... which I guess is a big deal to the entitlement generation who thinks they should have news before it actually is news. To me he's not much more than a blogger, like the Yoda dude, who uses his real name and has recognizable home website.

Come on now. Reporters trying to scoop other reporters on a breaking story has been going on since the printing press was founded (a bit of hyperbole but the point is that competitive reporting is not new). Look how much credit and recognition Deadspin got for the Manti Te'o mess. It's just more widespread now because everyone carries their pocket computer/phone and has 24/7 access to news ... As well as your personal favorite social media site, Twitter.

He rode the "sources say" ladder straight to the inventors of the phrase. He does seem to get some good contacts, but why people seem to leak information to him, many of us will never understand.

$$$$?

Really?

You think Brett pays for info?

Doubtful. Journalism doesn't pay that much.

He must just have a nose for the gossip mongers that can't keep a secret. This isn't info he's prying out of somebody, it's info that someone just can't keep to themselves, or info a few hours from being announced publicly, and he knows how to find those people ...

Funny thing is, that's usually the mark of a good journalist.  I think it's the "vendetta" against USF that has everyone up in arms about him.  

Maybe it's what's passing for "journalism" these days. The majority of what the BM appears to have been doing for awhile is just trying to "break" news that will be made public shortly anyway .... which I guess is a big deal to the entitlement generation who thinks they should have news before it actually is news. To me he's not much more than a blogger, like the Yoda dude, who uses his real name and has recognizable home website.

Come on now. Reporters trying to scoop other reporters on a breaking story has been going on since the printing press was founded (a bit of hyperbole but the point is that competitive reporting is not new). Look how much credit and recognition Deadspin got for the Manti Te'o mess. It's just more widespread now because everyone carries their pocket computer/phone and has 24/7 access to news ... As well as your personal favorite social media site, Twitter.

Perfect example of how ****** up the media is these days and the voyeuristic extremes society has gone to. If you're basing your criteria for "journalism" on stuff like Deadspin, I can see where you have no problem with the BM's of the industry ... and yes, I am a dinosaur.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Have they put that little chipmunk on TV yet?

Don't watch anything but games anymore on that cesspool of a network but he'd perfect on one of those shows with Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless ...

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think so. I've only seen his garbage online.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

brett is now considered "the man" when it comes to college sports

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Days Won:  0

brett is now considered "the man" when it comes to college sports

Yeah, the "garbage" man. :D