• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scramble at QB remains wide open

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

I think we all know about the trouble PJ has had and I don't expect him to be the starter next year.....but what does it say about him that he has been caught by Anthony Severino? He's been the starter for 1 and a half seasons, and even if he doesn't have the talent, one would think the playbook would be 2nd nature to him by now.  :-/

He's under pressure (See QB competition.) and forcing plays.  PJ was never suppose to be a starter at USF.  He was meant to be a back up/second stringer.  The problem is USF lost out on a starting QB 3 yrs in a row to FSU, Maryland, and NCState.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

I don't put too much stock into spring depth charts. When the season starts, we'll see who the coaching staff really believes in at the QB position.

Guest BasketBull.

"A scramble at QB" means either Grothe or Hill will probably start next year.

---Just think, if we didn't have our 2 aces in the bag (Grothe and Hill), that headline would scare any Bull.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

"A scramble at QB" means either Grothe or Hill will probably start next year.

---Just think, if we didn't have our 2 aces in the bag (Grothe and Hill), that headline would scare any Bull.

Starting a freshman qb not named Leak still scares me ...   8)

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  1,037

Leak who?? LOL  There is one QB that will move to the front come fall you will see!!!

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

Leak who?? LOL  There is one QB that will move to the front come fall you will see!!!

has this QB you think will succeed received a playbook yet?  will he be up here any over the summer to work?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

PJ will be at the hesiman ceremony next December

Is he related to leinart somehow?  Or does he just like big ceremonies and has the money to fly up there and watch it?  Maybe he's with the media?

PJ will have trouble beating out denson and severino, who both deserve their chance to beat him.  One probably will.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

Yeah, PJ will be there working behind the bar mixing drinks...2006 will be our year, Hill and Grothe are the future.  If we have someone step up big this year, it will be a bonus, I expect 5-6 possibly 6-5 this coming year, anything better is gravy.  

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  1,037

has this QB you think will succeed received a playbook yet?  will he be up here any over the summer to work?

Yes he is renting a place very very close and will be here all summer to get up to speed!! And will have nothing else to do all summer but learn!

But of course, has all in hand and has been "watching" spring practice and has most of the plays down and it funny a couple of times a reciever missed a pass and this QB was standing there and the ball rolled right at his feet so he threw it back. Funny that happend a few times. This QB also spending a few hours a week with coaches going over the O. Of course they dont ask him to do this he does it on his own!!  As I have said just wants to compete!!! should be a fun year.  And one will pull forward come fall!!!! and his name aint Leak!

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Thats what i love to hear FlipFlop... sounds like Matt is completely dedicated already.  I can't wait to see the QB situation unfold.