• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scramble at QB remains wide open

Guest S.  Bien

Yes he is renting a place very very close and will be here all summer to get up to speed!! And will have nothing else to do all summer but learn!

But of course, has all in hand and has been "watching" spring practice and has most of the plays down and it funny a couple of times a reciever missed a pass and this QB was standing there and the ball rolled right at his feet so he threw it back. Funny that happend a few times. This QB also spending a few hours a week with coaches going over the O. Of course they dont ask him to do this he does it on his own!!  As I have said just wants to compete!!! should be a fun year.  And one will pull forward come fall!!!! and his name aint Leak!

Sounds great!  Has Keef and crew given him a strength and conditioning regiment yet?   I figure Matt needed a few pounds of muscle and to be a bit stronger for the rigors of the 1-A pounding he'll take (because I fully expect him to see action or possibly start as a frosh).

I am already day dreaming of an offense similar to UL's where Matt's under center, and behind him he has his flex-back/H-back/slot man Carlton Hill.   That sounds pretty formidable.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

Oh yea he is on a workout plan already has been for awile and also alot of conditioning...cant wait boys it is just around the corner

Guest S.  Bien
Oh yea he is on a workout plan already has been for awile and also alot of conditioning...cant wait boys it is just around the corner

Has he gotten stronger, and bigger?  What's his size, and weight?  

What's Matt's true 40 time, and height.  

From what he's seen does he feel he's got a great chance to come in and play immediately?  

This playbook, and offense has to almost be like an old hat to him.  Nothing, and I mean nothing would please me more than to see him become a freshman phenom and lead us to great things for four years.  Matt has it in him!

You do know that you'll probably have to fold into a more low-key role when he starts playing.  Difficult to read all the positive, and negative that these boards breed about players!  The good posts and fans know they win as a team and lose as a team!

Anyway, right now Matt's hit cult icon with Bulls fans.  We want to know everything he's doing- what he eats, how he's throwing the ball, what he's benching....inquiring minds want to know!

Guest Unregistered Opinion

Nothing would please me more than for USF to have a first-year qb starting.  8)

Guest S.  Bien

Maybe you haven't seen our third-year starting QB play.  After that you might be wishing we put our experienced QB's in the game.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Nothing would please me more too.  a 4 year starter would be great.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

i hope denson is the starting qb or i think i would probably rather see pj than grothe at PSU

I hope grothe or Hill can be the QB of the future but I think we are in trouble if either is playing at PSU on 9/3

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

I just want the best QB at the helm.  Remeber guys, all we need is a guy who can give us a consistent pass threat because we happen to be returning one of the best rbs around.  Last year teams swamped the line of scrimmage because they knew we couldnt consistenly pass the ball.  Give me a QB who hits a high percentage of his passes and an improved D and we should be competitive this year.  By competitive I mean BOWL GAME.

Go BULLS

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

I like the stuff I'm reading here about Grothe, but I still say it is in our best interest to redshirt him and let him get bigger, stronger, and improve arm strength.

I also think PJ starting at PSU gives the best chance to win.  Plan for Denson to play a couple series at scripted times to see what he can do.  Let the best man win in the long run.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  1,037

True time is 4.59 he is 6-1 and is now gained a little he is at aprox. 205 and what he has seen so far he feels great about the upcomming year and is ready to compete for the job!!

Yes Bien I will be playing that lower key role for sure  and I know the highs and lows remmember I am also a coach and well when Matt had a bad game I heard it all and well who cares, he will be back next game even better!!! but any ? you all have at any time ask away!!

I will try to keep you informed as much as I can !!

Cult icon  LOL I dont know about all that !!