• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Are we out of the NBE/A12/Metro yet?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,786
  • Days Won:  3

...We need big attendance numbers for the next three years to improve our image for a conference. I Bullieve it will happen!...

I think that's gonna be the heavy lifting. We took a look at attendance over the years and we had substantive bumps when three things happened:

a ) we went from indie to CUSA...

b ) we went from CUSA to BE

c ) we had an 'attractive' (e.g. name teams) home schedule. 

It will be interesting to see how USF does in CUSA 2.0. If we dominate, pick up some hardware, it may help stabilize attendance.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

The problem with Cincy: they get like 50 people in the stands for football games when they don't win. And their basketball has suffered a decline.

UConn: their basketball suspension and coaching situation hurt them. I bet they would have gotten picked up if things were better. Plus, they didn't do much after their football coach defected.

Syracuse: Yes, basketball got them picked up. Plus, their football was on the rise (they beat USF). Of course, now, they have a new football coach. But over all, their attendance numbers for basketball and football made them a smart selection.

Rutgers: their football is better than USF's. And they have athletics branding that USF lacks. Still, that one leaves me scratching my head. Good administrators, I guess.

If we packed the football stadium and the Sun Dome, we'd be out also.

We need big attendance numbers for the next three years to improve our image for a conference. I Bullieve it will happen!

On the field/court results have had very little bearing, if any, on most of the conference moves up to this point. If it had, Rutgers would still be here and UConn, probably Cincy, wouldn't be.

Could we have gotten out when it all went down? I'm sure we could have.

Only if we had gone Independent ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

in some ways i wish we had never had our cup of coffee in the BE; our program had not matured to that status and we are returning to where we truly belong at this point in our history.

without that six year blip, our progression line to where we are in 2014 from our early days would have still been remarkable.

Disagree.  USF "belongs" as much as anyone.  What has Syracuse, for example, done the last 10-15 years in football.  Absolutely nothing.  Don't care if they were good 40 years ago.  This attitude sells USF short.

you can be sure that there in San Antonio that Syracure vs. 'X' draws far better ratings than USF vs. 'X'.  it is what it is

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

in some ways i wish we had never had our cup of coffee in the BE; our program had not matured to that status and we are returning to where we truly belong at this point in our history.

without that six year blip, our progression line to where we are in 2014 from our early days would have still been remarkable.

Disagree.  USF "belongs" as much as anyone.  What has Syracuse, for example, done the last 10-15 years in football.  Absolutely nothing.  Don't care if they were good 40 years ago.  This attitude sells USF short.

you can be sure that there in San Antonio that Syracure vs. 'X' draws far better ratings than USF vs. 'X'.  it is what it is

As soon as a school with younger football/basketball programs than ours gets invited to a "Power" conference this "belonging" stuff will have a bit more credibility ...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Xavier isn't going to draw well in San Antonio, regardless of WHO they play!

:roflmao:

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Welcome back to Conference USA