• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Which school is #12?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

What school rymes with crap?

ECU rhymes with gay

We just moved over to your guy's section for next year.... It's going to baby central now

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

I thought that one of Army's reasons for not wanting to join a conference was that they simply could not be competitive with D1 schools, and as such, did not want to be a laughing stock/door mat. I don't know how much of a drop off there is, really, from the Big East and where we are now, relative to Army's ability to compete. If they didn't like CUSA...CUSA 2.0 won't be that much different. 

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

I want Texas State.

I want Texas State.

Sooooo good to hear from you! Haven't seen you on the board since I don't know when - or you're spending time in other forums.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

what a sad situation for usf

really bad for  a school our size and location

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  2

Of couse it's all moot.  USF will be in either ACC or B12 within 3 years.  Gauranteed.  It's highly likely B10 grabs at least 2 more ACC teams, and when that happens, the ACC will backfill with BE teams.  There is one more major shakeout.  I see B10 grabbing 2 ACC teams, which will cause the B12 to go to 12 with 2 ACC teams, and possibly SEC to grab 2 ACC teams.  USF is a shoe in under that scenario for the ACC (aka BE 2.0), assuming they don't go to B12 with UCF. 

Yes, I agree that it is far more likely that we get in via a back-filling ACC after it's been raided by the B1G, SEC, or B12 than any other way.

But, you make an important point with the "BE 2.0" comment: If we do get a back-fill invite, it will be after say North Carolina, Clemson, VT, Duke, FSU, and Virginia have left, so we won't be joining the "ACC" that we currently have in mind, much like a school like Memphis ended up in a "Big East" that looked very different, and worse, than the conference it thought it was joining.

That ACC, consisting of say Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville, USF, GT, UCF, Wake, Clemson, NC State, UConn, Cincy, BC, and Miami will look similar to the old Big East before the first 2003 raid. A very big upgrade for us, but not equivalent to joining today's ACC.

And FWIW, i think we are fourth on the AAC back-fill invite list, behind Cincy, Uconn, and Houston. Never would have imagined us behind Houston, but the new TV deal, which has Houston in the top tier, makes it clear that this is how TV sees us.

Edited by BatonRougeBull87

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Of couse it's all moot.  USF will be in either ACC or B12 within 3 years.  Gauranteed.  It's highly likely B10 grabs at least 2 more ACC teams, and when that happens, the ACC will backfill with BE teams.  There is one more major shakeout.  I see B10 grabbing 2 ACC teams, which will cause the B12 to go to 12 with 2 ACC teams, and possibly SEC to grab 2 ACC teams.  USF is a shoe in under that scenario for the ACC (aka BE 2.0), assuming they don't go to B12 with UCF. 

Yes, I agree that it is far more likely that we get in via a back-filling ACC after it's been raided by the B1G, SEC, or B12 than any other way.

But, you make an important point with the "BE 2.0" comment: If we do get a back-fill invite, it will be after say North Carolina, Clemson, VT, Duke, FSU, and Virginia have left, so we won't be joining the "ACC" that we currently have in mind, much like a school like Memphis ended up in a "Big East" that looked very different, and worse, than the conference it thought it was joining.

That ACC, consisting of say Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville, USF, GT, UCF, Wake, Clemson, NC State, UConn, Cincy, BC, and Miami will look similar to the old Big East before the first 2003 raid. A very big upgrade for us, but not equivalent to joining today's ACC.

And FWIW, i think we are fourth on the AAC back-fill invite list, behind Cincy, Uconn, and Houston. Never would have imagined us behind Houston, but the new TV deal, which has Houston in the top tier, makes it clear that this is how TV sees us.

ACC's a roundball conference.

We're behind Memphis as well...

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

chariss, as much as Coach K wants the ACC to be a roundball conference...football rules all and makes the most $$$$$$$$. Just because the ACC is good at basketball, doesn't make it a bball conference.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

What school rymes with crap?

ECU rhymes with gay

We just moved over to your guy's section for next year.... It's going to baby central now

Well crap, we're moving to Buffalo and picking up crap cheap tickets in the 300's to stay ticket holders.

:GoBulls: