• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greed Of 3 Remaining Football Schools Causing Problems.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Slick, you asked who beat an SEC team in a bowl game. I counter with who beat an SEC team that finished the season with a winning record? I'll answer for you , USF over Auburn at Auburn Sat. Sept. 8, 2007 26-23 in OT. They finished with a 9-4 (5-3) record with a win over Clemson in the Chick-fil-a bowl. Conversely the year ucf beat UGA, they finished with a final record of 6-7 (3-5). This has been a special presentation of fun with stats by B-B-M!

Of course we're going to lose to ucf, eventually.

USF didn't ever beat an SEC team in a bowl game.

I got a fun stat for you. Looking at Auburn, that season, 2007, where the only ranked team they could beat was one (Clemson) that lost to every ranked team they played, was the beginning of the end for Tommy Tuberville.  A 9-4 record may look great to you, but to Auburn fans, when 7 of those teams didn't win more than 7 games (most won only 5 or 6), and none were ranked, its not impressive.

Same team that beat the Gators at the Swamp.  Me thinks Auburn still was pretty good.

Florida Atlantic scored as many points against the Gators third string that Auburn did against the first-string. Do you think Florida Atlanta is too?

FIFY

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Slick, you asked who beat an SEC team in a bowl game. I counter with who beat an SEC team that finished the season with a winning record? I'll answer for you , USF over Auburn at Auburn Sat. Sept. 8, 2007 26-23 in OT. They finished with a 9-4 (5-3) record with a win over Clemson in the Chick-fil-a bowl. Conversely the year ucf beat UGA, they finished with a final record of 6-7 (3-5). This has been a special presentation of fun with stats by B-B-M!

Of course we're going to lose to ucf, eventually.

USF didn't ever beat an SEC team in a bowl game.

I got a fun stat for you. Looking at Auburn, that season, 2007, where the only ranked team they could beat was one (Clemson) that lost to every ranked team they played, was the beginning of the end for Tommy Tuberville.  A 9-4 record may look great to you, but to Auburn fans, when 7 of those teams didn't win more than 7 games (most won only 5 or 6), and none were ranked, its not impressive.

Same team that beat the Gators at the Swamp.  Me thinks Auburn still was pretty good.

Florida Atlantic scored as many points against the Gators third string that Auburn did against the first-string. Do you think Florida Atlanta is too?

FIFY

All of FAU's points were in the second quarter, against the first team. So, no, you screwed it up. 

Tebow probably would have been on the bench by halftime, but Florida's defense struggled to stop Florida Atlantic's passing attack, so the sophomore stayed on long enough to turn a close game into a rout.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=273210057

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  83
  • Days Won:  0

Or, can't we just tell you to **** off and see which of the new members wants a yearly raise and which ones want to play in the old CUSA and roll the dice on that conference? As amazing of a score nabbing UCF, Memphis, SMU, etc. was, I think we'd be ok calling your bluff and taking FIU in your place. Whats the difference? Miami is bigger than Orlando and FIU seems to be on equal footing with you guys on the field over the past 3-5 years.

Which is why you are not in charge of the decisions.  Because your view is completely skewed by your misplaced sense of self worth and hatred of all things UCF. These decisions are driven by the demand (i.e. ESPN), not USF leadership..  Plus you know deep in your heart that you want to hold hands with UCF fans. 

So basically UCF and Co. are trying to threaten the remaining 3 Universities into shares of the money they have no legal rights to:

"Give us a nice cut otherwise we are taking our ball and going home and you'll probably get nothing"

I hope the 3 remaining schools give a collective "F&CK YOU"

I'd rather watch it burn than give you or any of the other non-deserving schools ANYTHING more than the $1 million we are graciously giving you.

I would hazard a guess that if there was no legal right to the money, those three programs would not be on the panel to decide what to do with it.  That you would rather see money burn than to put it to work building the programs of you conference mates says a lot about your intellegence. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

May I suggest that we all stop feeding the troll!!??!!

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Yeah, stop replying to Hem.

• Downvote 1

Or, can't we just tell you to **** off and see which of the new members wants a yearly raise and which ones want to play in the old CUSA and roll the dice on that conference? As amazing of a score nabbing UCF, Memphis, SMU, etc. was, I think we'd be ok calling your bluff and taking FIU in your place. Whats the difference? Miami is bigger than Orlando and FIU seems to be on equal footing with you guys on the field over the past 3-5 years.

Yeah, I like that. FIU doesn't cry like a little girl every-time they don't get something they don't deserve. The rest of em can decide to come on board or go conference shopping.

FAU plays some big teams as well and would jump at the chance. Didn't they play 'Bama this year? They have an OCS to boot

OWLCATRAZ

Gee this strategy sounds familiar.  Lets invite a crappy team, Like Villanova instead of shoring up the conference.  Anything except bring UCF to the table.  That strategy has not worked well for USF and their conferences very well in the past.

May I suggest that we all stop feeding the troll!!??!!

Famous last words of the weak minded message board poster.  How is it troling to discuss the topic of the message thread?

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

thread title should be:

Greed of New Football Schools Laughable. 

It's simple. Wave the entrance fees to the incoming schools and give them 1Mil each. If they don't think that's enough, then they can F off. I think making them pay an entrance fee is unfair, since there are only 3 old BE teams. But, in the end, the old 3 will bend some and give them more.

I beleive this is what I said about 5 pages ago.