• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Indoor practice facility please

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

UCF has had an IPF for years....what has it done for them?

Our is twice as nice ... When built

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Build it. Cost to build it later will be higher. Entrance fees can be paid over time.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

You want to be average go ahead and be conservative, you say cash is king well I say college football is the king of cash.  Build it and it will come this is an investment, we have a massive enrollment we should take advantage of that and build this football program.  Just look at what success in football did for the University of Florida through the 90s and 2000s they probably make that 30 million in a few home games.  Football made the school a destination, it put them on the map, I think the same thing can happen here.  That will never happen though if nobody is going to take a risk, and we just continue to be conservative.  Btw how has that conservative approach worked since the firing of JL?

Here's a picture of the Gators' IPF ....

7795906848_210b99bcb8_z.jpg

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Building the IPF before a OCS would be like putting the cart before the horse.

Use $10M of the $30M to open an OCS/IPF fund, and then sit on the other $20M as a rainy day fund. I agree with Bull71 in the thinking that cash is king, and it gives us flexibility down the road. Right now we don't know what the hell is going on with our conference so why not play it safe.

Athletics needs to build a $$ reserve fund similar to what UF and FSU have.

The building of an IPF should be tied to the building of an OCS... they should be one in the same.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Now is the time to be in cash conservation mode, until we get into a new conference.  Indoor practice facility is a luxury item.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Now is the time to be in cash conservation mode, until we get into a new conference.  Indoor practice facility is a luxury item.  

Agree.

Now is not the time to build an IPF. Use the money for normal day2day operations, and stretch it out until we get a better TV contract.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

You want to be average go ahead and be conservative, you say cash is king well I say college football is the king of cash.  Build it and it will come this is an investment, we have a massive enrollment we should take advantage of that and build this football program.  Just look at what success in football did for the University of Florida through the 90s and 2000s they probably make that 30 million in a few home games.  Football made the school a destination, it put them on the map, I think the same thing can happen here.  That will never happen though if nobody is going to take a risk, and we just continue to be conservative.  Btw how has that conservative approach worked since the firing of JL?

It looks better than O'Leery's tinfoil oven.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  1

It looks better than O'Leery's tinfoil oven.

Just because they don't have an ipf doesn't mean they don't invest in their athletics program. You ever been to the swamp? They have tradition we don't and we need to compensate through our facilities and coaching

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Don't have a problem with an indoor facility but I don't think the moment is right...

Too many unknowns right now...Cash is King...Cancel Debt etc..entrance fee's  

If there was some stability and we were in a new stable  conference  my blessing...

Go Bulls

So your idea is to sit on our hands and hope we get picked up...No we have to make our athletics program more attractive to the ACC/Big 12

Building an indoor practice facility isn't going to help us in regard to improving our conference. You make your program more attractive by winning.

I know we'll have the facility down the road, but we need to use that $30 million wisely. We'll have to keep $10 million ready for when another league comes calling. We also have major debt that needs to be repaid, so we can start doing that.