• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Prospector: Toro Taggart stirs up USF fever, and it's catching

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

That's a really nice article. Even if Nico Firios doesn't end up ultimately choosing USF...the impression that they made on him is very promising.

One thing I like about their recruiting is they seem very decisive about who they like and who they want. Sometimes the early bird does get the worm. I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing me mention Robert Davis but in that case, the early bird absolutely got the worm. Memphis was probably the first FBS school that contacted him and came looking for him.

Get over Davis, he wasn't even top 3 on our board. He was probably the 5th or 6th RB on the board.

Ignorant response. He was merely an example to illustrate a point. By the end there were four FBS schools vying for his letter of intent, including South Florida, and he went with the school that had been showing him the most interest the earliest. That's the point. A lot of times these kids will go with the schools that had been showing them the most interest the earliest.

Kinda like Asiantii Woolard?  You should have written "....and sometimes they don't"  They're 18 year old kids.

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. One thing to keep in mind about Asiantii Woulard though is that he'd still be a Bull commit if the Bulls had a coaching staff that could win any games and prevent their own firing. So even that case is a case where the early bird very nearly caught a worm they had no business catching.

If you followed his recruitment at all, he was always waiting for a bigger offer. If the SEC offered, he would have jumped regardless of Holtz, if the Pac-12 offered (as UCLA eventually did), he would have jumped regardless of Holtz. That's why he reopened things the first time, he thought bigger schools would come calling if he wasn't committed to USF. Holtz's firing was a convenient excuse

AWs lil brother was at USF this weekend. Looking 4 a USF offer. :lmao:

Can he play?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

That's a really nice article. Even if Nico Firios doesn't end up ultimately choosing USF...the impression that they made on him is very promising.

One thing I like about their recruiting is they seem very decisive about who they like and who they want. Sometimes the early bird does get the worm. I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing me mention Robert Davis but in that case, the early bird absolutely got the worm. Memphis was probably the first FBS school that contacted him and came looking for him.

Get over Davis, he wasn't even top 3 on our board. He was probably the 5th or 6th RB on the board.

Ignorant response. He was merely an example to illustrate a point. By the end there were four FBS schools vying for his letter of intent, including South Florida, and he went with the school that had been showing him the most interest the earliest. That's the point. A lot of times these kids will go with the schools that had been showing them the most interest the earliest.

Kinda like Asiantii Woolard? You should have written "....and sometimes they don't" They're 18 year old kids.

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. One thing to keep in mind about Asiantii Woulard though is that he'd still be a Bull commit if the Bulls had a coaching staff that could win any games and prevent their own firing. So even that case is a case where the early bird very nearly caught a worm they had no business catching.

If you followed his recruitment at all, he was always waiting for a bigger offer. If the SEC offered, he would have jumped regardless of Holtz, if the Pac-12 offered (as UCLA eventually did), he would have jumped regardless of Holtz. That's why he reopened things the first time, he thought bigger schools would come calling if he wasn't committed to USF. Holtz's firing was a convenient excuse
Can he play?

... With our emotions like his brother did?

Kinda like Asiantii Woolard? You should have written "....and sometimes they don't" They're 18 year old kids.

Can he play?

... With our emotions like his brother did?

:facepalm:

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Lol... Going with the butt hurt trend

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  385
  • Days Won:  0

The entire Woolard family should be banned from USF's campus. 0 integrity.

Lol... Going with the butt hurt trend

I'd already used that card elsewhere recently so didn't want to be redundant but it was the first thing i thought of when I see a 4 freaking months old thread bumped like this ...

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

lol @ the Orlando Sentinel covering and giving a positive/great article about USF

lol @ the Orlando Sentinel badmouthing their own UCF

lol @ the Orlando Sentinel's editing (grammar, spelling, etc.)

The second and third are Standard Operating Procedure for the Slantinel.  In reality, no one in Orlando (except for UCF brass) is much impressed with O'Liar.  He is still running the program the way programs were run thirty years ago.  He's a decent coach but UCF recruiting is not good.  They've gotten some kids over the years just because there is so much talent in Florida some of the overflow is going to seep in.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The entire Woolard family should be banned from USF's campus. 0 integrity.

Doug Woolard has done pretty well for USF the last couple of months, not sure why we'd want to ban his family.

Meanwhile, I guess we should ban those players that were committed to another school before Taggart convinced them to sign with USF.  I guess they have zero integrity.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

GO BULLS!