• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Way too early depth chart projection

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  43
  • Days Won:  0

Hey guys, I'm new to the board and this is my first post.  Obviously I know its way too early to predict what the depth chart will be for the upcoming year but I just wanted to see what everyone's opinion was just for fun.  

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  169
  • Content Count:  1,251

I expect Giddens to start and I expect him to tear it up.....if he doesn't it will be one of our only first hand proofs that stars and offer lists aren't everything that works against us.....basically opposite of George selvie

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Lynch needs to be mentioned here. As a starter, he will get QB sacks, even while he's on the bench - just by stomping his foot.

• Content Count:  436

Very good question!

Obvious, it is too early to know.

But, I will take a general guess, just for fun.

QB: Bobby Eveld will likely be the starter, with Mike White as a developing backup. Matt Floyd will probably be third. He really did not impress me in the last few games last year-all of which were blowouts.

RB: Marcus Shaw will probably be the starter, with Michael Pierre, Stafon McCray, and Darius Tice as the backups.

FB: Probably a lot of playing time for Justin Wilcox and Auggie Sanchez

WR: Andre Davis and Terrence Mitchell are the

obvious leading candidates to start. I think there is potential for Dvario Montgomery to get a lot of playing time. He is very talented. Sterling Griffin and Deonte Welch will likely be solid contributors.

OL: Without asking the coaches and/or seeing the team evaluations, I really do not know what to guess before they play in front of the public. There are many non-obvious variables for evaluating offensive linemen-especially with so many on the team and freshmen prospects just coming in now.

• Content Count:  436

Defense:

DT: Elkino Watson will likely start. I think Derrick Calloway will become good enough start, at least by mid-season. I can imagine good rotation opportunities for Deadrin Senat, Todd Chandler, and Luke Sager.

DE: Probably Aaron Lynch and Ryne Giddens starting, with Tevin Mims getting some playing time.

LB: DeDe Lattimore and Tashon Whitehurst will likely start. There might be some competition or sharing between Rahmon Swain and Mitchell Wright. I am not sure which position Nigel Harris would play, but he and Reshard Cliett are also among our best linebackers. Nigel might be a backup on the outside or compete with Rahmon and Mitchell for I guess the middle (?).

CB: I think Lamar Robbins and Chris Bivins have a real chance to be starters, with the graduation of Kayvon Webster and George Baker. Perhaps Kenneth Durden and Fidel Montgomery also have very good potential for much playing time this year. I am interested in seeing how Torrel Saffold contributes.

S: I think JaQuez Jenkins and Mark Joyce will likely be the starters. But, hopefully we can see some success from Nate Godwin, Jarvis McCall, and Jalen Spencer-in rotation or if any of them are good enough to start.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

QB: Eveld - Obvious choice here. He was picked over Floyd by Lou Jr. for a reason. Matt sucked. White won't be ready next year.

(I think if Eveld is the starter that we're in for a rough season. I hope Floyd or White can prove me wrong.)

RB: Shaw - Watch out for Pierre, Battles, and Willie though. I don't see the freshman contributing much this year.

WR: Davis/Griffin - Davis is a lock. If Griffin can come back healthy, I think he even has a shot at the #1 spot. Montgomery could prove huge too.

TE: Price - I'll be shocked if this guy isn't a lock.

FB: Let's hope the guy we're competing with against UCF commits...

OL: IDK

DE: Lynch & Giddins/Mims - Ryne is overrated. I expect a 3 headed monster as noted here. Forte, Lee, and some others in the mix too.

DT: Watson & Sager/Chandler - I think Watson is a lock. I hope Chandler can make the jump. I think Sager peaked, but is solid. The freshman won't be huge contributors.

LB: Lattimore/Whitehurst/Cliett - These guys are all lead pipe locks.

S: Joyce/Jenkins - I think these guys are locks as well.

CB: IDK - Opening day is a crapshoot. If Bivins didn't get hurt again, I'd suggest him. I'm leery about him though; health wise. I honestly think we *may* see T. Mitchell get a look on this side of the ball again (Golly that was such a genius move!!!). Maybe just hope? Anyway, Robbins and Bivins start here end of year (if Bivins can stay healthy). We should be stacked here the season afterward though.

Edited by The Great 8

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Welcome to the board '08c !

Love these threads, helps remind me of names.

Excited about the Spring Zgame.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

I was thinking the same thing about Mitchell. Unless he balks, I could see him going back to CB or at least being primarily CB with occasional plays on offense. I always thought it strange we picked up a four star CB, made him a WR out of desperation (when we lacked depth at WR), but never moved him back.