• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wannstache hired by Bucs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Wannestedt was never really a good head coach, but he's always been a pretty good defensive coach. He's also extremely likeable as a coach, so hopefully that'll bode well for team morale. I think it's a good hire for the Bucs.

he has superbowl rings and ncaa championship rings

he is winner

He has NCAA championship rings?  Did I miss a national title that Pitt won while he was coach?  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Wannestedt was never really a good head coach, but he's always been a pretty good defensive coach. He's also extremely likeable as a coach, so hopefully that'll bode well for team morale. I think it's a good hire for the Bucs.

he has superbowl rings and ncaa championship rings

he is winner

He has NCAA championship rings?  Did I miss a national title that Pitt won while he was coach?  

"In 1975, Pitt coach Johnny Majors hired him as a graduate assistant coach. He was on the staff when the Panthers won the 1976 NCAA Division I-A national football championship with a victory over the Georgia Bulldogs in the 1977 Sugar Bowl. In 1977, Jimmy Johnson joined the staff of the Pitt Panthers and the two would forge a long lasting personal and professional bond. When Johnson left to become the head coach of the Oklahoma State Cowboys in 1979, he invited Wannstedt to join his staff. Wannstedt served as defensive line coach for the Oklahoma State Cowboys for the 1979 and 1980 seasons and was promoted to defensive coordinator in 1981, a spot he held for two seasons. He moved on to University of Southern California in 1983 to coach the Trojans and served as the defensive line coach for three years. In 1986, Wannstedt became defensive coordinator for the Miami Hurricanes under friend and mentor Jimmy Johnson, where they won a national championship in 1987."

According to his wikipedia page

Edited by GoBulls84