• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2013 USF @ UCF Possibly Last Game of the Season (not necessarily Thanksgiving)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

Brandon Helwig of UCF Sports was on local Orlando Sports Radio show to talk about the scheduling with Penn State and also reported that the USF/UCF game is looking to be scheduled as the last game of the season for both teams, next year.  Some think it could be TG weekend, but others think it might even be Dec. 7th, instead.  I'm not a big fan of Thanksgiving weekend for this game.  I think it should be in early October, when our students and fans are in the heart and soul of football season. Thanksgiving weekend is normally the worst weekend for attendance for both schools and this game can't afford to show poor attendance, for the future.  I know TG weekend is "rivalry" weekend, but I don't think either of our schools are an automatic sellout on Thanksgiving for any matchup, outside a state Big 3 or a major Top 20 type BCS School.  I would hope that it would be, but that's a tough weekend and next year, ESPN will have their hands on it, so since they hate the BE, it'll probably be on Black Friday @ 11am.  

What are your thoughts?

Here's the link to the broadcast

http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/tuck-and-oneill-ucf-to-play-penn-state-in-2013-and-2014/

Edited by Goldenbuc

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

As long as it's on the mid-to-back end of the season, I'm good.  Gives us some games under our belt to get used to CWT's system.  

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

UCF should be hoping this game is early in the year while our team is still in adjustment mode.  Because I feel once this team clicks, we will be very tough to beat.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I'd rather the game be early in the season.  I think we'll be better next year, but not worlds better.  At least early in the season the team will still be fired up.

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711

My fear is that if both schools are struggling/rebuilding...then a late year game may not be as appealing to fans.  Personally, I do think UCF should prefer an early season matchup, if USF is putting together a new system.  But being a conference game, it won't be until October at the earliest and by what I'm hearing, late in the years seems like what the Big East would prefer, as well.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

if this game is truly what people think it will be, then it won't matter when we play. they'll show up even if both of us are 0-11 and fighting for that first win on the first weekend of december.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Last game is good for 2013, since we're putting in a new system, but I'd prefer it to be the first game of the season.

That way there will be more intensity in pre-season practice, since they'll need to be in top form on opening day.

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

I'd rather the last game of the season. If it were the first game of the year, I'd be a lot more worried.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  70

If we lose to UCF I will officially be driving the fire CWT Bus..... my god the horror....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Last game is good for 2013, since we're putting in a new system, but I'd prefer it to be the first game of the season.

That way there will be more intensity in pre-season practice, since they'll need to be in top form on opening day.

You want to test out a brand new system on both sides of the ball against a team that, previously, we used to mentally **** our wrists for even thinking about losing to?

The last couple of years have made me want to **** my wrists for even thinking about thinking about that.