• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Darius Tice, RB, Miami Northwestern

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

@COACH_T_Y: Darius Tice picks Busch gardens #USF

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  103
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Glad to see us flip someone from Cincy.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Signed

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

He's a good back. But I bet you'll our coaches fix his "beer belly" running style! I've never seen that in college football. I don't think he's going to be the first.

We brought in two excellent backs!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

Seems like a good kid, can't wait for him to get in a game!

• 3 months later...

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

@Nik_Hix: Hahah my man Darius Tice, USF running back commit is just getting his feet wet with training. This is… http://t.co/kau73CgtLm

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

The more I watch Darius Tice the more he grows on me.

It's tough to reconcile his listed size with his tape. He doesn't play as big as his listing.

But I'm growing to respect him a lot more as a daylight runner. If he does have the size that is listed then with his speed (probably in the mid 4.5's) he's going to do a little bit of damage after contact regardless. Not a ton, but that's not the kind of runner he is. He's not a super elusive, spin-out-of-contact type. The guy just has a knack for finding daylight. At first you think, man that's some good offensive line play. But then you start to appreciate some of the things he's doing to make the offensive line look good.

There's one play in the highlight reels where he cuts to the back side away from a crashing defender, and this cut had to come only one step off securing the handoff, and he somehow made that cut look like it was in rhythm. That's hard to do. And I'm staring at another play against Carol City, he's reading the defense before he's even going for the handoff, he's got a crashing defender to his left and you'd think he would cut to the back side on the right but he can already see the blocking isn't there, so he draws the crashing defender in and within one step of securing the hand-off he's cutting outward on the play side. From there the run is just completely uninteresting but that vision, and that might be the part of the run most people notice (the uninteresting part which was like 95% of the run) but it's that first part of the run that interests me.

This guy develops a plan of attack on the fly very quickly out of the backfield. I just wish he translated that ability later on in the run to where he could look more interesting in the open field. And of course I also wish he had an innatte physicality which he doesn't seem to have. However those daylight instincts are what will impress coaches because they know they can count on the guy to not take losses, and that's HUGE. I think he's going to be a good fit in this offense. Better than McCray, I would think.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

@Nik_Hix: Hahah my man Darius Tice, USF running back commit is just getting his feet wet with training. This is… http://t.co/kau73CgtLm

It's gotta hurt or it ain't working. Summer in Tampa, training for the fall season, Doesn't get any worse..

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

It's gotta hurt or it ain't working. Summer in Tampa, training for the fall season, Doesn't get any worse..

It ain't even summer yet!